Thread: I WAS JUS READN SOME HISTORY ON HALLOWEEN IT FREKED ME OUT MY GRANDFATHER WAS BORN ON THE 1ST NOV BUT WASNT REGISTERED TILL D 2ND NOV

I WAS JUS READN SOME HISTORY ON HALLOWEEN IT FREKED ME OUT MY GRANDFATHER WAS BORN ON THE 1ST NOV BUT WASNT REGISTERED TILL D 2ND NOV

Halloween History
    Most people probably know of Halloween as a contraction of the words "All Hallows Evening". This means it is the evening before "All Hallows Day".

All Hallows Day is also known as All Saints Day, and occurs on the 1st November. It was traditionally a Christian feast celebrating all Christian saints, especially those who had been martyred. In the Catholic Church, All Saints Day celebrates those who have gone to heaven, and is followed by All Souls Day, on November 2, for those who have died, but not yet gone to heaven.

Trick-or-treating apparently partly comes from the English medieval practice of "souling", when poor people would go from door to door offering prayers for All Souls Day, in exchange for food. This is referred to by Shakespeare, when he says "like a beggar at Hallowmas."

At the same time of the year, in Celtic history there was autumn festival called Samhain, celebrating the end of summer with a "fire festival" or feast. It was believed that the dead would visit earth at this time, and the bonfires were necessary to scare off evil spirits.

Another recent celebration that has merged with Halloween is Guy Fawkes Day, in the UK, which celebrates the failure of Guy Fawkes to blow up the Houses of Parliament in Westminster on 5 November 1605. Traditionally a bonfire was lit, with a dummy of Guy Fawkes being burnt.

These days, if you know there are children in the area who like to dress up and trick or treat, it has become accepted practice to have lollies available to hand out. And to indicate that you have run out of lollies by taking down your decorations, otherwise you may expect the "trick", as you don't have any "treats".

FREAKY THING HE IS GERMAN WHICH FREAKS ME OUT AND BORN THE 1ST BUT REGISTERED ON THE 2ND WTF...NO FUKN LIE AY!!!

so what, im sure he will be fine

interesting

lol my birthday is the 1st too

IT'S JUST THE FACT THAT HIS FATHER REGISTERED HIM ON THE 2ND AND JUS THINKING LIKE DID HE KNOW THIS OR DIDNT HE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jared

YEH I THOUGHT IT WAS INTERESTING TOO

Quote Originally Posted by sean grace
    interesting

HAPPY BDAY FOR THE 1ST MY FRIEND!!! I JUST FINISHED WATCHING HALLOWEEN THE SCAREST MOVIE IBV SEEN OUT 2 SCARY MOVIES I WATCHED SO FAR

Quote Originally Posted by Brent
    lol my birthday is the 1st too

he probably didnt know, and you know how things were in the "olden" days, a lot slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Sultana Bianca
    IT'S JUST THE FACT THAT HIS FATHER REGISTERED HIM ON THE 2ND AND JUS THINKING LIKE DID HE KNOW THIS OR DIDNT HE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jared

well there was a thing about wearing masks to keep the demons away to