Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Opinion On Chamillionaire.... What Yall Think?

My Opinion On Chamillionaire.... What Yall Think?

(I put this on Chamillionaire.com)

He should have stayed independent, if you are gonna have an impact as a rapper signed to a Major Label you have to make alot of music videos on tv and be on the radio constantly. Ultimate Victory could have done better if he would have pushed at least 4-5 songs to help him get more attention. I like his mixtapes but he could have done put out 3 albums since Ultimate Victory. If you don't know about Tech N9ne then look him up, he is an excellent promoter and great rapper, independently without being on the radio or TV he has managed to sell over 1,0000 records. Also, he is the third highest selling touring act behind Jay Z & Kanye West & has put out two albums this year: Sickology 101 & K.O.D.

If you are gonna be successful you should follow in the footsteps of Tech N9ne if your gonna remain Independent and if you want to make money being on a major label then I suggest you follow in the footsteps of Lil Wayne, Kanye West, Drake, Eminem or Jay Z.

O O big type-o.....its 1,000,000 records

One thing you left out is saying that if you want to stay true to the ones who made you, while still trying to garner new fans, avoid making desperate sounding songs like "good morning". And stick to makin more social sounding songs and tracks with clever verbal wordplay, instead of bragging to your listeners about how much money you got in your vault.

I used to love his music but I havent really liked his big releases..I think I liked 4 or 5 songs off of his last release but I hope Venom is better..

its not that easy man, to push singles like that you need promo money. A lot of indies dont have that money. Tech n9ne was blssed to have money from being on labels b4 and having a manager like travis that already had big bank so they could invest. On the come up most dont have this

Dont ge tme wrong tech didnt have that stuff for a while in the early 90's thats why he wasnt gettin out...Promotion cost a lot of money man for real!

Just think, He paid roger troutman like $25,000 for that hook only on anghellic

Good morning is dope and dont sound desperate. Just bc thats not the type of tracks you like doesnt make it wack...Ya'll dont like ppl saying tech n9ne is weak if they just arent into him. If you want ppl to respect your artists you gotta do the same

Quote Originally Posted by OG VIP
    One thing you left out is saying that if you want to stay true to the ones who made you, while still trying to garner new fans, avoid making desperate sounding songs like "good morning". And stick to makin more social sounding songs and tracks with clever verbal wordplay, instead of bragging to your listeners about how much money you got in your vault.

Youre the first person I've heard say they like that Koopa single. I'm a huge fan of his, and that song was a bitch for me to listen the whole way through without hitting skip.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Rage
    Good morning is dope and dont sound desperate. Just bc thats not the type of tracks you like doesnt make it wack...Ya'll dont like ppl saying tech n9ne is weak if they just arent into him. If you want ppl to respect your artists you gotta do the same

Im not the typical rap fan and I make music so when I hear sumthing catchy im like yo this is dope and it for real is. There isnt to many songs I like any more but I like that singing rap thats y I fucks with tech but for real peep me out I worked with Royce da 59 from slaughterhouse and King Gordy

I attached 2 30 second clips, let me know what u think for real man

Youre the first person I've heard say they like that Koopa single. I'm a huge fan of his, and that song was a bitch for me to listen the whole way through without hitting skip.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Rage

from listenin to tech, krizz and kutt, i sure as hell fell outta favor of listenin to chamillionaire...used to ba fav rapper of mine, but since i dont listen to him no mor, he jus doesnt matta to mah ears ne-mor....