Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long Till Mainstream Gone Tech N9ne?

How Long Till Mainstream Gone Tech N9ne?

thats the question im wondering...im hoping soon.. but knowing techs luck wit the industry..its gonna be awhile or possibly never..we'll all be happy as hell..keep voten for tech on the mtv award! we'll blow tech n9ne up! tech treats us right now lets treat him right! TECH N9NE!!!

He will never go mainstream. That is part of the reason for F.T.I. mainstream is part of the industry and FUCK IT ALL

it's already happening.

That's ignorant as fuck. The goal for every artist is to be on every house. Mainstream is the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Apokalypze
    He will never go mainstream. That is part of the reason for F.T.I. mainstream is part of the industry and FUCK IT ALL

he says FTI its not a joke he will get asked but he will say no and thats right every artist wants to be in every house but he will do it on his own FTI

and if you think I am kidding well why did he just come out with a FTI shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Cole Payan
    That's ignorant as fuck. The goal for every artist is to be on every house. Mainstream is the goal.

he's on that new 3 6 mafia record, its the lead single for their new album, with a video. It going to be everywhere, so umm....Tech not going mainstream? He's always wanted to.

why is it that everything you type is so fucking retarded? why are u even on this site dude?

Yeah he's always wanted to, and obviously is capable of it, but he was refered to as "the weirdo" so his shit was never really played. I'm actually glad he's doin shit on his own, instead of letting the industry tweak it to what they think sounds good. I mean, look what happened to Guerilla Zoe. He had a song called Hood Nigga, now his most recent single was that song with the video of him riding around in a car at night singing to himself, in autotune. If that ever happened with Tech N9ne I'd be majorly pissed.

Quote Originally Posted by CHi Star
    he's on that new 3 6 mafia record, its the lead single for their new album, with a video. It going to be everywhere, so umm....Tech not going mainstream? He's always wanted to.

One day.

mainstream is going tech.

the other day, K.O.D. was #6 on all of itunes. that's pretty fuckin amazing for an underground rapper.

to apokalypze: you're right, he's not going mainstream, he's trying to get people to move their taste his direction instead of him doing shit just like everyone else.
    it's kind of like he's trying to draw everyone in with his music and everyone else on strange. for example, tech attracts people like the ones on this site. kutt has a more mainstream sound, so he appeals to a slightly different crowd, and kali obviously has gospel and r&b influences. like any other artists, tech and strange are trying to get everyone to like them.
    i also believe that's why tech does so many collabos; by featuring other artists in his songs, more people will find out about him through the artists he works with that they already like.

tech's just taking a different path to the mainstream. instead of signing with a major label and doing whatever they tell him to do with his music for the money rather than the expression {like all the artists that pop up on mtv out of nowhere that sound like t-pain}, he's doing what he's doing.
    it takes a lot more patience to figure out how to draw the majority toward your music, but it's better than changing your shit for the current mainstream sound.