Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ok so i have a quick question for ppl that listen to music

ok so i have a quick question for ppl that listen to music

wat do u pay attention first to in a song? the beat or the lyrics...
    my opinion would be lyrics..if the lyrics arent good then the beat is useless right? idk. just needed a second opinion

Well since you said FIRST...its the beat...the beat usualy kicks in first..I cant really listen to a song with a whack ass beat even if the lyrics are great...I'll listen to the lyrics and be like damn those are dope lines, and I'll catelog it my head as "that dude spit good on this song" but won't listen to the song again unless its all around good. Beat + Good Lyrics...I'm more of a beat person period anyways..I love good beats even if I don't like the person using them for example Young Jeezy, not the best lyricist, not the worse, but most the beats on his albums go hard..

WELL I LISTEN TO THE BEAT FIRST BECAUSE IF I CAN'T MOVE TO THE MUSIC THEN I CAN'T LISTEN TO IT AT ALL.

I HATE YOUNG JEEZY. SHOULDA NEVER CAME OUT.

Quote Originally Posted by Crooked Cali
    Well since you said FIRST...its the beat...the beat usualy kicks in first..I cant really listen to a song with a whack ass beat even if the lyrics are great...I'll listen to the lyrics and be like damn those are dope lines, and I'll catelog it my head as "that dude spit good on this song" but won't listen to the song again unless its all around good. Beat + Good Lyrics...I'm more of a beat person period anyways..I love good beats even if I don't like the person using them for example Young Jeezy, not the best lyricist, not the worse, but most the beats on his albums go hard..

Yeah of course the beat is what is usually heard first but I have to connect with the lyrics on some kind of level whether its entertaining punchlines or personal and introspective material ,it all depends on how I'm feeling at the time,if the beat sux but the lyrics are too ill to be ignored than I really don't give a shit about the beat but then again good artists can manipulate their delivery and rhyme scheme to make their flow fit with any tyype of ackward production

that is a good point. but still. if the beat is hard, sometimes it makes the lyrics sound better...you can look at the industry and find pleanty of examples of artists that arent very good but have great producers/beats with poor lyrics and still go multi. if theres great lyrics then the beat doesnt matter. i do have a great appreciation for a good beat tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Crooked Cali

I Agree if yo lyrics aint shit the song aint shit

1st the beat then the lyrics, shit lol I got my KOD on saturday nite and I kno almost every song shits dope

Beat. I still can't understand 60% of what tech says most of the time. lol

Lyrics are important... but the beat is the first thing you hear in any song. If you got a dope beat it'll keep you listening to the lyrics.