Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Juicy J talks about track w/ Tech N9ne

Juicy J talks about track w/ Tech N9ne

My favorite rapper, with my favorite rap group. It's awesome to see that Tech might be in a big time video w/ them, BUT I AM REALLY PISSED to see that Tech isn't going to be on a Paul and Juicy beat that I have wanted sooooo bad for soooo long. Three 6 is on a Matic Lee beat on K.O.D. and now Tech is on a Dr.Luke beat on Laws of Power. Couldn't ONE of those songs be a Paul and Juicy beat!?? Oh well, I need to stop complaining.

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...le-talks-album

Last week it was announced that Three 6 Mafia [click to read] fans will have to wait until 2010 for the latest major label group effort, Laws Of Power. Speaking with HipHopDX on Friday, Juicy J gave another reason why the wait may be worthy. Among a heavy guest-list, the veteran Memphis collective reached out to Kansas City cult-followed favorite Tech N9ne [click to read] for an official single, "Shots After Shots."

Juice explained, "Dr. Luke produced the track. It's just one of those records, man. You've got a record that's just so hardcore." The Crunk chorus boasts, "'I'ma drink beer, and I'ma get high / I'ma take shots after shots till the day I die!" Given that vibe, the Academy Award winners wanted a unique guest. "When we did the song, I was like, 'This song is hard! We need to put somebody on this that can really rip this mothafucka up! Tech N9ne!' After bringing in the Strange Music CEO, Juicy J takes pride in the decision. "He killed it! It was like to perfect combo. It was the burger, the fries and the drink. We're gonna shoot a video to it. I'll tell you what: I never call a song a hit before it's a hit, but this song is definitely a very strong single. Let's see what happens. When you hear it, you're not even gonna believe it."

Although an affiliate producer is responsible for "Shots After Shots," the famed duo has not out-sourced their sound. "Me and [DJ] Paul produced about 85% of the album. It was the same vibe. It was the same Three 6 Mafia...we've got our serious records, we've got our Crunk records, we've got our party records on there. When you listen to this album, it sounds more like our older stuff. We try to put out older school stuff like we put out back in the day, 'cause everybody wants to hear that sound." There are still a handful of guests on the boards. "We got like two or three [outside produced] tracks on there - one by Rodney Jerkins, 'Shots After Shots' produced by Dr. Luke, and we got another song on there called 'Go To Work' produced by Dr. Luke. Also, we've got another song on there produced by Kevin Rudolph."

With an emphasis on their long-standing underground sound, Juicy J was also asked if Sony's A&R Department embraces that authenticity to Three 6 Mafia as much as fans do. "With Sony [Records], we have like a 50/50 relationship over there. They come in with their ideas; we come in with our ideas. In a 50/50 relationship, you've got to give a little bit to get a little bit. We make an agreement on a lot of our music. Man, it's not no problems. The album is still gangsta, and we have a few different-sounding tracks on there for some of our newer fans. I'm satisfied; I'm happy."

ohhhh shit. its gonna be there single?? well fuck, with 3six being on the radio, maybe tech might finally get his time to come up?

This is hella sick news. This is gonna get Tech a shit ton of exposure

yeh iv been twittering juicy about tech n9ne saying hes off the wall i kept saying to him ryme bianca he just goes lol so i guess while this was happening he was already like dont worry we got tech covered no suprise to me at all. okay and post the link to twerk that!!!!! dont be surprised to hear tech get some air play not because of three 6 but it's strange music yr and world wide fame is near but dont forget the three 6 mafia mixtape drops this yr so im have to get at juicy and let him know he just got hit on techs forum

Question:

didint Tech and 3six have beef back in the calm before the storm days? listen to planet rock 2k

I got dat type of funk to make ya ?? scream three
    Six rappaz beein hunted by a killa MC
    I neva killd a ?? with a 36D
    A party with the bitches on my planet lookin crispy
    Swiftly makin rappers do 360
    (Neva do three 6s)
    Otha niggas tryna dis me be

possibly? Can't really tell

he could just be talking about not being a devil worshiper

Quote Originally Posted by Brent
    Question: didint Tech and 3six have beef back in the calm before the storm days? listen to planet rock 2k

i dunno, he could be, but he ends with "Otha niggas tryna dis me be"

Quote Originally Posted by Cole Payan
    I got dat type of funk to make ya ?? scream three
    Six rappaz beein hunted by a killa MC

I neva killd a ?? with a 36D

A party with the bitches on my planet lookin crispy

Swiftly makin rappers do 360

(Neva do three 6s)

Otha niggas tryna dis me be

possibly? Can't really tell

he could just be talking about not being a devil worshiper

Question: didint Tech and 3six have beef back in the calm before the storm days? listen to planet rock 2k

It will be tight if they really shoot a video to it. Tech in a actual video thats professionally done

No, they never had any beef.

Question:

didint Tech and 3six have beef back in the calm before the storm days? listen to planet rock 2k

Damn, you beat me to this.. good look though.