Thread: HOW DID THE INDUSTRY FUCK TECH N9NE OVER?

HOW DID THE INDUSTRY FUCK TECH N9NE OVER?

So people ask me all the time, why doesn't just tech n9ne be himself and go mainstream? And it's hard to explain the answer to a question like that when people don't know his life story and his music. People think of tech and think, i'm a playa was cool, but thats it. So i know my facts onto why and how the industry fucked him over, but i don't know all. So i'm asking all you technicians out there. How did the industry fuck Tech Over? Examples, Dates, Scenarios...What you got for me, cause i need to build a strong argument for people that don't know his music and life.

The industry fucked tech over by the program directors not wanting to put him on mainstream tv/ radio. I don't have specific times and dates for you. but one example is how they cut his shit out of the MTV sweet 16 show. lol.

by the way you kinda look like rob dyrdek.

yeh props to that ay like he sings the song fti red nose they dont wanna hear about him coz there scared that he might gross in big sales

Quote Originally Posted by J9X
    The industry fucked tech over by the program directors not wanting to put him on mainstream tv/ radio. I don't have specific times and dates for you. but one example is how they cut his shit out of the MTV sweet 16 show. lol.

by the way you kinda look like rob dyrdek.

Listen to industry is Punks Tech says alot about why they wont play him First of hes been called a Devil worshiper second he duznt real advertise brands apart from his own. he duznt rap about what size rims are on his car an all the crap the younger people are into he dyes his hair red an spikes it up he duz his own thing thats why they wont play him they know he would take the world by storm an fuck the music industry for everyone there all jelous if you ask me pure an simple

record labels were too scared to put him out there because they knew he was fire
    they knew he'd change it all
    but fuck
    they're fucked now
    coz he's on that shit like a motherfucker.
    KOD is gunna change it even more. rap/hiphop hasnt been the same since techs been in the game
    it's changed for the better and that's for fucking sure
    soon all you'll hear on the radio is STRANGE
    no lil gaywayne
    t-gay
    or anythose fags.
    its gunna b strange alldayallnight
    this is all jesus
    glad this half muslim half christian nigga pop'd up

tech doesnt want to pay extra money to be on the radio

Itz becuz he different...

he rapz about REAL shyt....

Every single song izn't about rimz and how much carz he haz nd fuccin bitchez....well i take the last one bacc but atleast all of hiz songz arn't about that...

Now look at brotha lynch....he talkz about gutz and baby nutz...iz he playin on the radio? Nahhh cuz thatz to grafic [sp?] for it...

Hez different. Thatz it.

I would have to brush up on my Tech history a little bit, but if you ever get a chance to watch T9X do so. It follows his whole career from the beginning a little ways beyond Anghellic. I do vaguely remember one instance. Travis and Tech and the whole group flew out to shoot his first video, but they kept waiting to shoot. After a few days of waiting to shoot, the company pulled out on Tech and decided to shoot one for a different artist and left him high and dry. He has repeatedly gotten fucked over on oppurtunities. He is an amazing artist and even with getting dicked over so many times, he has still managed to build a multi million dollar music label. TECH N9NE!

one of the labels i forget which one didn't know how to label him, they thought that he was too different and he was gonna make a video for it's alive i think or another track off anghellic but anyway they canceled the video cuz p diddy needed the money for his video

Ya Tech believes he should be played on the radio, and seen on T.V. based off of musical talent. He doesn't think he should have to pay someone to get his name out there. MTV, mainstream artists, Grammys, etc is more about politics than music. I don't see any reason why Tech should not be gettin the recognition he deserves for his lyrical geniusesness. He just won't suck anyones dick for it. He makes his music and thats all anyone has to go on, and they won't put their MTV stamp on him because they want some of the cash he's making. I agree that music artists should be based off their music, not on their image or the fact that won't pay you to play their shit.....exactly like RED NOSE opening.......it should be played because it is good fucking music. FTI!