Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Black" Tech N9ne Fans?

"Black" Tech N9ne Fans?

Just figured I'd put up a post on this-not trying to segregate(believe me, I'm so against that bullshit), but I figured that it would be good if Tech stopped in and saw a list of fans of his who were American-African/Black/whatever you want to call yourself. I was just watching a recent interview with him, and he said he'd speak on the issue on K.O.D., but IMHO, we have a lot of close minded folks in our community. This isn't blanket statement as much as call out-no disrespect at all to GLBT folks(and this isn't a backhanded diss, but a point to the more phobic people out there), but how the fuck are you going to give Lil' Wayne a pass for kissing Baby, but you're shitting on Tech and calling him a "devil worshipper" and all this other bullshit?Back to the topic, though-post if you're black and a Tech N9ne fan, or just want to speak on the issue.

I'm black and I love/respect Tech's music the same way I've loved and respected The Beastie Boys, Milkbone and later Eminem's music since 99'. Shit, niggas didn't stop listenin when Three Six Mafia and Lord Infamous was talkin about pitch forks and devil worshipping back on "Mystic z" and "The End" but why won't we listen when Tech says "Who the hell is Satan and why I gotta be him?"

Shit Happens

Quote Originally Posted by Rod Sirrah
    I'm black and I love/respect Tech's music the same way I've loved and respected The Beastie Boys, Milkbone and later Eminem's music since 99'. Shit, niggas didn't stop listenin when Three Six Mafia and Lord Infamous was talkin about pitch forks and devil worshipping back on "Mystic z" and "The End" but why won't we listen when Tech says "Who the hell is Satan and why I gotta be him?"

Real talk! T94L

I don't get this thread. Who cares who's black/white/yellow/brown/orange whatever. Tech's gettin' his money either way.

Regardless of how many Blacks DO listen to Tech...THIS isn't the place to set up some sort of survey lol

Quote Originally Posted by J9X
    I don't get this thread. Who cares who's black/white/yellow/brown/orange whatever. Tech's gettin' his money either way.
    Jimi Hendrix asked this question around the time he was putting "Band Of Gypsys" together. His peers would tell him they loved the show and what he did on guitar, but he'd be like "Peace peace, but did you see any black people? any puerto ricans?" His music like Tech's reaches all kinds all kinds of people, but when you're a black man and you do anything including music that's unorthodox, like Funkadleic, Lenny Kravitz, Prince, Miles Davis, Fishbone, or Living Colour have done your 1st thought is "What will my own people say about it?" "Will they listen?"

lil lame is garbage

Well I understand that. But I don't think putting a thread on the tech n9ne website of people who are already fans is going to solve anything. I get that he want's to be acknowledged by his own people but ... nevermind.

Jimi Hendrix asked this question around the time he was putting "Band Of Gypsys" together. His peers would tell him they loved the show and what he did on guitar, but he'd be like "Peace peace, but did you see any black people? any puerto ricans?" His music like Tech's reaches all kinds all kinds of people, but when you're a black man and you do anything including music that's unorthodox, like Funkadleic, Lenny Kravitz, Prince, Miles Davis, Fishbone, or Living Colour have done your 1st thought is "What will my own people say about it?" "Will they listen?"

is that a picture of a sock with a crown on it?????

Well I understand that. But I don't think putting a thread on the tech n9ne website of people who are already fans is going to solve anything. I get that he want's to be acknowledged by his own people but ... nevermind.