Thread: WOOO! I just ordered a mixer.

WOOO! I just ordered a mixer.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-10INPUT-STEREO-MIXER?sku=630138

I can't wait for it to get here. next on the list is this.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/MXL-MXLV63M-Condenser-Studio-Microphone-with-Shockmount?sku=273158

Dude I have a question, how in the hell do you record master a song?

what program do u use to record?? jw

and for the dude above me.. if ur serious about ur music. record ur shit at a studio... and have them mix & master it for u.. i've been a studio engineer for about 2 years i've mixed many projects but i never mastered a record it cant be taught and usually it takes engineers 10 years in the Business before there actually good at it. i will give u a lil tip tho.. i've mixed projects for friends that dont got the money. and i got a plug-in from IK multimedia called T REX which is pretty much like a mastering plug-in of course its not gonna sound as good as sending it to the mastering house but it sounds great and i know alot of the artists in the industry use this plug to save money on mixtape joints

[img]http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/IMP/CXNID=2000002.0NXC/bT*xJmx*PTEyNDEwMDQ3MjA*ODQmcHQ9MTI*MTAwNDc*OTMyOCZwPTE1ODM2MSZkPSZnPTEmdD*mbz1kZTVhNTcwNzkxODA*ODYwOGI2ZjhlNDRmYWQyNTliMCZvZj*w.gif[/img][object]http://www.soundclick.com/widgets/creatives/mp3PlayerVIP.swf[/object]

well I was usin just FL studio for everything, but I recently started recordin with Cool Edit Pro and am learnin what I can from youtube. right now I have my computer and my radio shack mic.

I recorded Fein 4 Tha mic at my homie Verbal Trikz's house and he knows what hes doin hes been doin this shit for a while. theres a big difference between the quality of the tracks of that one and the rest. I started recordin in December. I've been rappin for like 4 years now. but hes helpin me when he can with my set up and stuff.

oh and that T rex plugin is that for like Fruity loops and stuff?

dang thats tiznitty yea u sound hella clear on this fien for the mic.. im jealous lol jk this is raw!

Like one of the main things that I don't know how to do is when I record in my house I still hear some sort of static or white noise. You know know to get rid of that??

Quote Originally Posted by RawShocK
    what program do u use to record?? jw
    and for the dude above me.. if ur serious about ur music. record ur shit at a studio... and have them mix & master it for u.. i've been a studio engineer for about 2 years i've mixed many projects but i never mastered a record it cant be taught and usually it takes engineers 10 years in the Business before there actually good at it. i will give u a lil tip tho.. i've mixed projects for friends that dont got the money. and i got a plug-in from IK multimedia called T REX which is pretty much like a mastering plug-in of course its not gonna sound as good as sending it to the mastering house but it sounds great and i know alot of the artists in the industry use this plug to save money on mixtape joints