Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech N9ne's religion

Tech N9ne's religion

I just watched a phone interview of Tech, heres the link
    http://www.viddler.com/explore/graceb124/videos/31/

On the interview he says "...people call me a devil worshipper and I strongly disagree, I am a true believer in God. I pray everynight to man, woman, whoever that are listening..."

This gets me confused, he believes in God but prays to "man,woman, whoever that may be listening" I researched alot but couldnt find anything on Tech's religion besides the fact that his stepfather was a Muslim and he had a lot of Christian influences on him from his family.

http://www.voxmagazine.com/stories/2...-midwest-cred/

"Tech was raised in a Christian household by a mother he likens to Jesus. He has explored numerous religions, including Islam (his stepfather was Muslim). Ultimately, he decided on theism but maintains that his spirituality doesn't translate to perfectionism. "I have a good heart and a lot of soul, but I've adapted to the ways of the world. How can you not pick up some worldly demons?""
    -Voxmagazine

Im not trying to label Tech, I am truly wondering what his religion (if he has a religion) is. I know that Big Krizz Kaliko is a Christian, but the phone interview of Tech just made me confused and curious.
    Tell me what you guys think, if Tech replies to this I will shit my pants. Ha

Dude listen to Hope for a Higher power
    He HOPES that someone something (higher power) is out there listening, but he has no proof so he does not know what GOD is
    thats what I think.

Thats what I came to think too, I wish Tech would reply to this hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by rising_tied
    Dude listen to Hope for a Higher power
    He HOPES that someone something (higher power) is out there listening, but he has no proof so he does not know what GOD is
    thats what I think.

ive been tryin to figure out what religion he is too. cant seem to find out. good post tho

we'll see on that one track on K.O.D and I forgot the name.
    his religions christian

How are you so sure of this though?
    Just because his mom believed deeply in something does not mean HE does. Listen to Hope for a Higher power.
    Ive been curious on this topic because I can kinda relate.. Ive always prayed . If anybodys listening then good. If not oh well. But I do NOT believe that the Bible or Jesus is real . None of that. I know it sounds kinda hypocritical, but its kinda like bums on a street corner begging for money. If someone takes the time to drop a few coins into his cup, awesome. If they dont, oh well they are in the sameposition that they were in in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    his religions christian

he told me he was christian himself............. He is but he (like me) questions if there is a god we'll see on "Show Me A God"

Quote Originally Posted by rising_tied
    How are you so sure of this though?
    Just because his mom believed deeply in something does not mean HE does. Listen to Hope for a Higher power.
    Ive been curious on this topic because I can kinda relate.. Ive always prayed . If anybodys listening then good. If not oh well. But I do NOT believe that the Bible or Jesus is real . None of that. I know it sounds kinda hypocritical, but its kinda like bums on a street corner begging for money. If someone takes the time to drop a few coins into his cup, awesome. If they dont, oh well they are in the sameposition that they were in in the first place

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke
    his religions christian

Sort of agnostic, I'd say

On the interview and the song Hope For A Higher Power he keeps mentioning that he prays every night, but to God/god, man,woman, or whoever is listening. "...if he or she is listening.." - part from Hope For A Higher Power.

Perhaps he is praying to not a specific god but whoever that is of higher power. Not sure how to interpret everything. Plus it confuses me even more b.c he said how he gives 100% of what he thinks and lives by on the tracks.

And on K.O.D. is his darkest album, I doubt that he will reveal his religious standpoint in it.

He just believes there is a higher power, not necessary God or Jesus