Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rating Genius

Rating Genius

Just bought Genius and listened straight thru for the first time. I'm sure it will grow on me even more, but here's what I thought initially:

Chip On My Shoulder-2-didn't make an impression on me
    Genius-3.5-pretty good
    Back Pack-5-extremely catchy
    Doe Doe-3.5-kind of annoying at first, but started to grow on me by the end
    Get Off-5-amazing song
    Butt Naked Fun-3-it was okay
    Getcha Life Right-4-I like S&S
    Love You To Death-3.5-pretty good, nothing special
    Misunderstood-5-awesome
    Bipolar-5-my favorite song after one listen
    Dead Wrong-3-eh.....
    So High-5-love this song, Tech kills here
    The Chemical-4.5-really good, rock and roll sound
    She'll Do-4-pretty catchy
    Be Right Back-4.5-I liked this song
    Hum Drum-4-Tech just makes things better
    Happy Birthday-5-great party song
    Choir Boy-3.5-pretty good, nothing special

Overall-4/5

I liked some songs a lot here, but I didn't fall in love with the entire album like I did Everready the first time I heard it. I'm sure this will grow on me a lot as Strange always does; that's what makes Strange great is the fact that it takes extra listens because they are always innovating and trying new things. I think he says Aha! in almost every song, and some of the songs sounded a lot alike, I think that is why I liked Bipolar so much because it was way different. I'm sure many on here will shitcan my opinion but this is just what I thought after the first time thru.....

naw it'll grow on u! it did that to me too made me be like hmmmm then i was like oooooh shhhhhitttt! lol i even bust out a

AH HAAA!

i hada remember it wasnt my cd lol

yeah kali Ah haaa is his signature, I'm starting to like it even more now, I'm starting my third time thru been listening for over two hours straight trying to absorb it all, I would definitely rate Choir Boy higher now, sick song

I'm already in love with this album. It's so different from all other albums because of the range of genres Krizz covers. I love Tech N9ne's singing in Get Off, that was something new. It's crazy how he'll go from a banger like So High then straight after go into a rock track The Chemical.

I have to say my favorite tracks as of right now are Chip on my Shoulder, Genius, Bipolar, and So High.

9/10 in my books.

I agree wit Tech singing on Get Off, biggest surprise for me.. wasnt sure at first, but damn he pulls it off.. also believe Kaliko pulls off callin the album genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny
    I'm already in love with this album. It's so different from all other albums because of the range of genres Krizz covers. I love Tech N9ne's singing in Get Off, that was something new. It's crazy how he'll go from a banger like So High then straight after go into a rock track The Chemical.

I have to say my favorite tracks as of right now are Chip on my Shoulder, Genius, Bipolar, and So High.

9/10 in my books.

YESSSSSIIIRRRR!!! Kali baby kilt this hoe man!!! I love this cd dude...every song brings somethin new and original. No fillers on this album. All the collabs on this album were sick too...E-40, DJ Chill, S&S, and of course the strange music fam all did their thing.

10/10 for me. Get off is amazing and could be a single...STRRRRAAAANNNGGGEEEE MUSIC!!!!

i think kutt actually killed So High but Tech did hella good

im not the biggest fan from the second run through. i loved vitiligo soo much more as of now

This cd is probabaly gonna b the best release of 2009 from strange but we have 2 wait til big scoobs monsterifik and techs kod but monsterifik sounds like its gonna be hella good and kod got some tite songs that I can feel it good and easy 10/10 4 genius

Any CD I can listen to straight through without skipping a single track is a 10/10 for me.