Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech N9ne review Rock the Bells

Tech N9ne review Rock the Bells

this guy is on some bullshit

With not enough time in the day to see Buckshot, Eyedea & Abilities or Sage Frances, I settled for a beer and a hot dog, dubiously worth $17, and caught the end of Slum Village's set. The mid-90s Detroit trio played a few tunes from "Fantastic." Four hours in, I was in head-bobbing bliss, and could barely believe there was more to come; I scurried back over to the main stage to hear the hardcore ball-busting, leg-stomping end of Tech N9NE's set. Though the lights were bright and they wore matching red outfits that made them look like three megaliths from the lawn, their jowly thumps seemed out of place at the festival. It might have been an awkward switch from K'Naan's smooth-as-honey crooning, or it might have been my impatience for Reflection Eternal, but I didn't dig it.

one thing we all have to understand. tech is waaaaayyyyyyyyy different from everyone else at RTB. hes a lil of all of em. but at the same time hes way different. hes loud. hes like a rock show. everyone there is probably used to the average hip hop show. loud. but not that loud. so not many or gonna like him right away. just gotta give it time. if hes gettin respect from guys like KRS-ONE and Raekwon and hopefully Nas then that matters way more then some dude that probably dont even listen to rap most of the time thats just there kuz whoever he works for sent him there

when did Tech get respect from Raekwon? (did tech say that on BET?)

Quote Originally Posted by SaInTwIcKeD
    one thing we all have to understand. tech is waaaaayyyyyyyyy different from everyone else at RTB. hes a lil of all of em. but at the same time hes way different. hes loud. hes like a rock show. everyone there is probably used to the average hip hop show. loud. but not that loud. so not many or gonna like him right away. just gotta give it time. if hes gettin respect from guys like KRS-ONE and Raekwon and hopefully Nas then that matters way more then some dude that probably dont even listen to rap most of the time thats just there kuz whoever he works for sent him there

Yeah, just let him trip... He obviously didn't give him a chance. At least he doesn't straight up say that Tech's performance sucked. I think he justs needs to listen to a little more Tech. From my experience most people hate him because they haven't given him a chance.

i thought i heard something bout him saying something sik bout tech in a free at the press conference. but that was supernatural my bad. but still id rather here bout tech getting mad respect from huge fucking legends in the game then some dude from a magazine. thats how i feel idk bout yal though

Quote Originally Posted by EVLNSTX
    when did Tech get respect from Raekwon? (did tech say that on BET?)

The reporter knew what he was getting himself into....."the hardcore ball-busting, leg-stomping end of Tech N9NE's set." The reporter was either a Pussy who doesn't like hard pounding music or not very musically inclined. Or he just didn't give tech a chance....

lol..wut an idiot, well technician's theyll never get it, never understand it!!!.....all of us know wtf great music from a genius is, tech n9ne, ill 4ever give a fuck wut others think of my fave rapper, they can eat a dick!! cuz were bumpin the best shit on this fuckin earth!.....

yes sirrrreee bob

Quote Originally Posted by mizeryluvkompany
    lol..wut an idiot, well technician's theyll never get it, never understand it!!!.....all of us know wtf great music from a genius is, tech n9ne, ill 4ever give a fuck wut others think of my fave rapper, they can eat a dick!! cuz were bumpin the best shit on this fuckin earth!.....

That is tru good point

im pretty sure all the artists at RTB were together talkin and shit at the launch parrty and on the tour, i garuntee he got mad props from other very respected artists on the tour