Thread: Technicians, I need your help!

Technicians, I need your help!

Hokay...I know most of you are either out of college or in college, so you should be able to help me a ton with this...

I'm 16, flying halfway across the country for an internship working in a government research lab. I'm doing it through a special program that's already providing housing and whatnot. I've been doing this for 3 years, so I've already got enough experience doing my laundry without mommy, getting around on my own, etc

Problem this time is, they're not providing food...We've got a fridge, freezer, overn, microwave, all the good stuff (Shit, I may have to bring a toaster)...But I need some serious tips on grocery shopping.

Like, really...I'm 16...When me and mom go to the grocery store, I put Tech N9ne on my ipod and just push the cart around..I seriously need some tips on good, cheap eating..Also, if anyone knows some easy recipes (I'm not a bad cook, really), those'd be appreciated too.

Help me out, Technicians, I'm trying to save as much of this summer paycheck as possible

what i do is write up what i want to eat for breakfast lunch and dinner for the whole week and snacks, buy healthy stuff strawbeery and apples are going to cost you less than chips dips and ice cream , become a member of one of the stores so you can also save use coupons if you must and make sure not to buy to much food that it will go bad, if you have a room amte mabye you can to the shopping together!

here's what you do buy the cheap stuff that you like lol try to keep it to 20% of what your making currently and that should work if not call me back -Krizz Kaliko

Yeah, I've got 3 roomates...We'll probably not go shopping together, I think they'll prolly be the ones to blow it on chips and dip, lol

Thanks for the tip on becoming a member, wouldn't have thought of that..I'll take your advice on the writing a list thing too, sounds smart...20% sounds good too, Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by miss trubs
    what i do is write up what i want to eat for breakfast lunch and dinner for the whole week and snacks, buy healthy stuff strawbeery and apples are going to cost you less than chips dips and ice cream , become a member of one of the stores so you can also save use coupons if you must and make sure not to buy to much food that it will go bad, if you have a room amte mabye you can to the shopping together!

Roman Noodle Soup
    Spaghetti O's
    Frozen Pizzas
    Tyson's Chicken Nuggets
    Frozen French Fries

Go to the store and check the prices and shop cheap how hard is that though

fuck spaghetti O's

dude just make spaghetti.. its hella cheap... like $2 bucks for noodles and like $3 for sauce. it will last you days too! thats what I do. walmart has cheap groceries and so does winco (if theres one around there). if you save up a little bit you can also buy packages of chicken breasts too for like $11 and those will last you probably a good 4-5 meals depending on how much you eat.

if they have an ALDI thats the ticket

sandwiches, pancake mix, cereal, buy 1 get one free big bags of chips there only 3 dollars. hawian punch big jugs 2 for 5 dollars. and also rice is really cheap just gotta know how to make it. im strapped for money too so i boil it, strain it and add milk and sugar and its good.

winco is the shit! we had onw open up here like a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by J9X
    dude just make spaghetti.. its hella cheap... like $2 bucks for noodles and like $3 for sauce. it will last you days too! thats what I do. walmart has cheap groceries and so does winco (if theres one around there). if you save up a little bit you can also buy packages of chicken breasts too for like $11 and those will last you probably a good 4-5 meals depending on how much you eat.