Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Double Time

Double Time

Does anyone here rap in double time? Tech has really got me into double time rap, and I was wondering some of the best ways of going about rapping fast like that.
    From my understanding, double time is twice as many sylables in a bar. Please correct me if i'm wrong. I'm also thinking devices such as alitteration seem to help create the tongue twisting effect. Any advice would be great.

Rhyme schemes and the way words flow together.

so are u suggesting using a lot of internal rhymes?

Double time is when you rap 2 bars to every 1 bar of music.

Yeah, thought so. Just looking for any advice on doing it. For example, I've noticed a lot of artists rapping in double time seem to use aliteration

Quote Originally Posted by jake921660
    Double time is when you rap 2 bars to every 1 bar of music.

thanks for responding though btw... and everyone else who did

yeah i deff. feel u on that. My current is comparable to the way Nas flow. One thing that I like about the fast rapping though is it's able to excite, and show more aggressive emotions. Like Tech slow flow on One Good Time fits that song, but then you have something like "Everybody Move" which suppose to get people excited, and does, and it's quite a bit faster. side note: I love the part where he's like, "Don't be so damn cool, act a fool... etc" it fits perfectly over the beats

k, thanks. I'll try that out.
    Just wondering, did anyone help you at rap or did you just teach urself? Also did u have another career in mind? I'm just asking because I love rap, but I'm going to an art college.

i taught myself but i gradually looked around for some pointers and shit from other rappers just to see what i need to improve on...but it doesnt hurt to ask..its not like anybody here wants to be a battle rapper...im aiming towards the performance in a rapper...but still have that sick ability to mesh metaphors and punchlines together

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.
    Just wondering, did anyone help you at rap or did you just teach urself? Also did u have another career in mind? I'm just asking because I love rap, but I'm going to an art college.

Do u rap just as a hobby or is it a job/career for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    i taught myself but i gradually looked around for some pointers and shit from other rappers just to see what i need to improve on...but it doesnt hurt to ask..its not like anybody here wants to be a battle rapper...im aiming towards the performance in a rapper...but still have that sick ability to mesh metaphors and punchlines together

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.