Thread: June 10th Pittsburgh show review.

June 10th Pittsburgh show review.

I had the pleasure of taking my 9 year old nephew to his very first concert tonight/last night and I can honestly say I feel bad for any concert he sees after this one. Stevie Stone was first, and he really surprised me. On the All 6's & 7's tour I felt that he lacked in the stage performance area, and it seems that he has put some work into his routine since. Prozak came out next and while his stage performance is good, the sound of the instrumentals overpowered his vocals for the most part. After Prozak there was a short break so Mayday could set the stage. Stevie Stone and Prozak hung out in what I would call the (common room/cafeteria) the whole night giving autographs and taking pictures. When Mayday went on, they got through their intro and lost power. It wasn't that bad because they were making jokes and talking to us while fixing the power problem. When the power came back on, of course they killed their set. Wrek did his Look At Me Now free and owned every bit of it. ( I really like that the artists on Strange have solid stage shows. The way they all move with the lyrics, and make it look like the MC's whomever they may be at the time are battling each other between verses.) I skipped all of MGK's set except the last song. ( I feel he is just your average white kid doucher from the suburbs that has three black friends and thinks he to hood. Plus he's from Cleveland. I couldn't like him if I tried.) During his set I was back at the common room/cafeteria were Mayday had made their way. It was basically a free VIP for everyone just without Tech and Krizz. Finally after the end of MGK was Tech and Krizz. They do their sets together as I'm sure many of you know already. They seemed to have alot of fun. The last 20 minutes or so before the show was over they took turns talking to the crowd and beat boxing while singing tid bits of songs. Someone in the crowd did ask about the Jokerr diss. Tech just laughed and said Jokerr was butthurt about getting thrown off the bus. Krizz said that if Jokerr would have listened to Asshole then he would have known his demo was going to end up as a coaster. The Pittsburgh crowd is fairly small (100-200) and most of us are regulars at shows that come through. So most of us know each other or have at least come across paths at one time or another so everyone is respectful for the most part. The show was at an ice arena this time instead of a bar or old church so there was plenty of room to move around. I enjoyed the amount of free space in the arena but I don't think they will play there again because the lack of people that come. Overall I'd give the show a 10/10 even though there were sound problems and MGK, because of the artists made up for it by showing love and hanging out with ALL of us after their sets.

No comments or questions?