Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Eminem - Relapse...the real thing

Eminem - Relapse...the real thing

Ok y'all, I had the privilege of hearing the full album today. Track by track, word for word, put away the rumors, this is it.

Coming from a loyal, original Eminem fan from day one, this is what I have to say...BUY THE FUCKING ALBUM. You wanted it, he's given it to you. Shit is like a bad acid trip...from a 3rd perspective. If you're an old school Slim Shady fan, all you gotta do is listen to the intro and it'll have goosebumps crawling up your fucking spine. Now, I've had mixed feelings from day one about the whole Relapse episode, wondering whether these leaked singles really had anything to do with the actual album. Well, the answer is, sorta. The annoying new accent that you all have grown to hate over the past few years I must admit has stayed prominent throughout many of the songs. But, if you listen from start to finish, it will grow on you and gradually not matter anymore, due to the content that never ceases to amaze.

For the record, this album is very dark. Dre did a great job on the production, I'm loving the way it's put together. But honestly it will be a little hard for a lot you to stomach. Slim Shady to the fullest...this guy is truly fucked up in the head. Take The Slim Shady EP's sick and twisted dark influence, mix it with his new skool Encore-like flow (all over the grid with it, an acquired taste to say the least), and the "I don't give a flying fuck" persona he conveyed in the Marshall Mathers LP. Unfortunately, you're not gonna get the underground metaphorical lyricism we all miss and love from the Slim Shady LP era. But this shit is different, a very twisted shift of the old Shady EP. And yes, there will be but one more song about his mother, but not like the others. If there's anybody here like me, who's had countless problems with drugs, and who's life changed when they heard an artist they could relate so freakishly close to as Eminem, and remember when hip hop changed because of it, grab this disc. Just don't listen to it on any psychedelics, for it'll fuck up your head.

I also just wanted to throw in...all the rumors about him dissing Lil Wayne and clowning on mainstream garbage...not true. This album has a very fluent subject matter, and the only track even remotely close to the cheap shot punches found on previous albums like Without Me, Just Lose It, and The Real Slim Shady, is We Made you. Also, I'm a little disappointed with many of the chorus's. I mean, they aren't BAD, but songs like 3AM would have been more enjoyable with a catchier, harder hitting hook. But the production is awesome, drum and bass, hard hitting kicks and snares that make ya head nod like a mahfucka.

Purchase the album, I put it right next to Sickology 101 for best album of the year so far. You will at very least enjoy it the first time around. A few of my fav tracks would be My Mom, Hello, Same Song & Dance, and Stay Wide Awake. If you don't like his kinda gay, corny weird ass incest lyrics, stay away from Insane. Peep it though, definitely worth the $15 you should have also dropped on Sickology.

Nice shit. It's almost exactly how I felt about the album.

This is how fofy feels...the extended version

Quote Originally Posted by Fofy
    Nice shit. It's almost exactly how I felt about the album. Also, how come juggalos who don't really like eminem have to refer to him as feminem. It's worse then technicians saying "sorry n shit". lol

How dare you quote my full post? lol.

Relapse is to Eminem as WICKED is to Twiztid. A return to their roots with a big twist.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReaLTB
    This is how fofy feels...the extended version

Nice shit. It's almost exactly how I felt about the album. Also, how come juggalos who don't really like eminem have to refer to him as feminem. It's worse then technicians saying "sorry n shit". lol

eminem is one of the most clever and original artists out there.

Relapse is to Eminem as WICKED is to Twiztid. A return to their roots with a big twist
    like the way this sounds...forgive me i forget, when does this come out?

God damn you and your technicalities. lol. Relapse comes out a week from today.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReaLTB
    How dare you quote my full post? lol.

Relapse is to Eminem as WICKED is to Twiztid. A return to their roots with a big twist
    If you check, its not actually your full post...I like the way this sounds...forgive me i forget, when does this come out?

I honestly think its a better overall cd then Sickology

Whats wrong with us liking Eminem? Does it affect you somehow? Dont mind the tone just wonderin...Id consider myself a Shady Technician in the Chamillitary lol

Quote Originally Posted by LoveBucketS
    Shady technicians. Like Usual. Fuck buying that bullshit
    here's the gay ass album

Who really gives a fuck people can be Technicians and still like other rappers. Unless its a law or somethin.