Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seattle, Washington

Seattle, Washington

Imma move to Seattle this fall for college (U-Dub) and I'm wondering if it's like Dallas transportation wise. Should I bring my car or is it more like Dallas where it's easier to take public transportation. I go to Tech concerts so are the venues normally close to the school and the bus or do I just take my car? And as the city as a whole? Car or Bus? Sorry 'bout the wording.

Everybody thanks for the info, y'all convinced me to go with my car. I appriciate this shit seriously. Good info. Peace Out to Everyone & God Bless.

hey i live in washington(im going to Western next year)

but i say bring a car,there is alot more to washington than just seattle, plus the U district is like 10min drive(freeway) from the city.

seattle has pretty good public transportation from what i remember. I haven't lived there for a while but I remember buses running 24hrs. and what jason said there is more than just seattle you'll want to go so i would suggest bringing a car.

dude bring your car so much easier!

you can always ride the s.l.u.t. (south lake union trolley) hahahaha

I've lived here my whole life, over 20 years, and bring your FUCKING CAR. Hahah, I mean dude, the public transportation is great, better than most places in the country. But you're gonna want some freedom, plus the transit quits running at about 10pm most places, some go later some end earlier. In fact Seattle is so beautiful and the people are so chill, that a lot of the time its fun to take the bus. But you're gonna be bouncing from place to place a lot, everybody does. There's so many ill neighborhoods, always something going on somewhere. Smallest big city in the world man, a lot of shit to do. Now, if you've lived here for 20 years, you might go insane. But new comers love it, plus you're gonna be at U-Dub. The U-District is the most cracking part of town, and honestly if you're living in a dorm, everything is where you need it. You really don't need a car in that neighborhood, especially because every bus in the city has a route through there. Food, entertainment, libraries, clubs, schools, parks...you honestly live in the heart of the city. Best weed in the world...ask for a purple U-Dub and get 2 grams of the gooiest violet shit you've ever seen.

Anyway, bottom line is, if you're living in the U-District, owning a car is not necessary. BUT, you will hate yourself for not having one. There's enough going on in the rest of the city, especially during the summer (wouldn't rather be anyplace else in the world from June to September), that a car is vital to a true party animal. Unless of course you're an alcoholic, for your DUI is inevitable. Cops are pretty lenient about dro, they usually just take it and smoke it themselves. But get caught driving drunk and they'll sit on your mouth and shit bricks. Staying away from Shoreline and Lynwood is key to your survival in staying out of jail.

As for Tech N9ne...like I said, you can get anywhere you want in Seattle from University Ave. But this is one of the easier rides...at least 10 buses take you to downtown, like 3-5 of them drop you off right in front of the show. 15 minute ride depending what time of day it is (Rush Hour: 6am - 9am, 4:00pm - 8:00pm). Used to play at The Premier in south downtown, quit playing there in like '05 and moved to Nuemos near the Central District. Then for a couple years he played at The Moore theater every time (right in the middle of downtown on 2nd & Pike), which was coo I guess, hella nice venue, but it was huge, with assigned seating and balconies, real hard to smoke, no bar. No way to see a Tech show. Then he had his first show at El Corazon about a week ago. Best venue so far, real small so the place was fucking packed, perfect for a Kabosh Pit (I should patent that). Separate room for the bar to the side, and a back area raised up where they got the merch tables and the artists kick it before and after their show. This venue is right on the northeastern edge of downtown, right before you get there from the U. Pretty sure the 72 and 73 drop you off right in front, or at least close to it.

You're probly looking forward to Sea Town, or at least you should be. Relaxing ass place to live, as long as you're not in debt. Nothing pisses you off more than waking up in the morning to somebody begging you for money that you probably have less of than them. One of the largest homeless rates in the country. Mahfuckers know they can come here and make a killing off sitting on the sidewalk, so they do. This lady that lives on the corner outside my store eats better than I do, no joke. But in all honesty the city is very wide spread, most diverse place I've been in my life. A few neighborhoods are still obviously segregated and there's still your upper/lower extremes, but no matter who you are, you can walk through pretty much any hood in Seattle and be good...just be careful of what time it is, and don't look like a bitch. Hold your own and don't start shit, you'll be fine. But there's still plenty of fools who walk around just looking for a scared kid to punk. More in my neighborhood than others, plus in parts of the C.D. and South Seattle. I live in Lake City, just northeast of the U-District...close to Northgate Mall, the only mall in North Seattle. I'm sure you'll roll through sometime, good bud.

Then, venturing out of Seattle...White Center, Tacoma, Everett, Burien...just to name a few....shit holes I mean. A lot of fucked up shit goes down in the burbs around the city, mainly due to crystal meth. But there's many safe havens too, such as Bothell, Mill Creek, Bellevue, Kirkland, Shoreline for the most part (except for cops anyway).

It's a good place to live man, kinda city you'd wanna raise ya kids in. Best summers in the world, worst winters. People are real down to earth though, tough smokers. Pretty much any drug you can find, so be careful (or call me=). Beautiful women, and a very thriving underground hip hop scene (actually music scene in general). Take advantage of the time you're here, I'm sure you will. If you ever need a helping hand, you know where to find ya Technician. I already got one rolled, just spark me up homie.

haha im from shoreline..... echo lake woot woot!!

Quote Originally Posted by BMC
    I've lived here my whole life, over 20 years, and bring your FUCKING CAR. Hahah, I mean dude, the public transportation is great, better than most places in the country. But you're gonna want some freedom, plus the transit quits running at about 10pm most places, some go later some end earlier. In fact Seattle is so beautiful and the people are so chill, that a lot of the time its fun to take the bus. But you're gonna be bouncing from place to place a lot, everybody does. There's so many ill neighborhoods, always something going on somewhere. Smallest big city in the world man, a lot of shit to do. Now, if you've lived here for 20 years, you might go insane. But new comers love it, plus you're gonna be at U-Dub. The U-District is the most cracking part of town, and honestly if you're living in a dorm, everything is where you need it. You really don't need a car in that neighborhood, especially because every bus in the city has a route through there. Food, entertainment, libraries, clubs, schools, parks...you honestly live in the heart of the city. Best weed in the world...ask for a purple U-Dub and get 2 grams of the gooiest violet shit you've ever seen.

Anyway, bottom line is, if you're living in the U-District, owning a car is not necessary. BUT, you will hate yourself for not having one. There's enough going on in the rest of the city, especially during the summer (wouldn't rather be anyplace else in the world from June to September), that a car is vital to a true party animal. Unless of course you're an alcoholic, for your DUI is inevitable. Cops are pretty lenient about dro, they usually just take it and smoke it themselves. But get caught driving drunk and they'll sit on your mouth and shit bricks. Staying away from Shoreline and Lynwood is key to your survival in staying out of jail.

As for Tech N9ne...like I said, you can get anywhere you want in Seattle from University Ave. But this is one of the easier rides...at least 10 buses take you to downtown, like 3-5 of them drop you off right in front of the show. 15 minute ride depending what time of day it is (Rush Hour: 6am - 9am, 4:00pm - 8:00pm). Used to play at The Premier in south downtown, quit playing there in like '05 and moved to Nuemos near the Central District. Then for a couple years he played at The Moore theater every time (right in the middle of downtown on 2nd & Pike), which was coo I guess, hella nice venue, but it was huge, with assigned seating and balconies, real hard to smoke, no bar. No way to see a Tech show. Then he had his first show at El Corazon about a week ago. Best venue so far, real small so the place was fucking packed, perfect for a Kabosh Pit (I should patent that). Separate room for the bar to the side, and a back area raised up where they got the merch tables and the artists kick it before and after their show. This venue is right on the northeastern edge of downtown, right before you get there from the U. Pretty sure the 72 and 73 drop you off right in front, or at least close to it.

You're probly looking forward to Sea Town, or at least you should be. Relaxing ass place to live, as long as you're not in debt. Nothing pisses you off more than waking up in the morning to somebody begging you for money that you probably have less of than them. One of the largest homeless rates in the country. Mahfuckers know they can come here and make a killing off sitting on the sidewalk, so they do. This lady that lives on the corner outside my store eats better than I do, no joke. But in all honesty the city is very wide spread, most diverse place I've been in my life. A few neighborhoods are still obviously segregated and there's still your upper/lower extremes, but no matter who you are, you can walk through pretty much any hood in Seattle and be good...just be careful of what time it is, and don't look like a bitch. Hold your own and don't start shit, you'll be fine. But there's still plenty of fools who walk around just looking for a scared kid to punk. More in my neighborhood than others, plus in parts of the C.D. and South Seattle. I live in Lake City, just northeast of the U-District...close to Northgate Mall, the only mall in North Seattle. I'm sure you'll roll through sometime, good bud.

Then, venturing out of Seattle...White Center, Tacoma, Everett, Burien...just to name a few....shit holes I mean. A lot of fucked up shit goes down in the burbs around the city, mainly due to crystal meth. But there's many safe havens too, such as Bothell, Mill Creek, Bellevue, Kirkland, Shoreline for the most part (except for cops anyway).

It's a good place to live man, kinda city you'd wanna raise ya kids in. Best summers in the world, worst winters. People are real down to earth though, tough smokers. Pretty much any drug you can find, so be careful (or call me=). Beautiful women, and a very thriving underground hip hop scene (actually music scene in general). Take advantage of the time you're here, I'm sure you will. If you ever need a helping hand, you know where to find ya Technician. I already got one rolled, just spark me up homie.

I cant drive, so I know a lot about the buses... they suck.
    It'd be hard to get around on the weekend, especially...
    Well, I live in the outskirts... but we have a seattle bus that runs through here, and it stops running pretty early on weekends, 10-11ish weekdays.

Car would be your easiest bet, basically.

I live right in between Bothell and Kirkland. Aha, aint really a safe haven...
    I was slangin at age 13 cuz of how it is around here. And hella bloods around here.
    And I know some big niggas from Kirkland who reps the crip shit. And Bothell. It's a bitch bein in the middle, and bein down with blood niggas.

Dude thanks for the info, I'll bring a car is just having a car in Dallas is a pain in the ass. No parking spots anywhere, constant stops, and a bunch of other things is just easier to chill and take the bus.