Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Areola?

Areola?

So a friend of mine seems to think this song is not a "real" strange music or tech n9ne song. he thinks its just a "joke" song or just a song they're using to make fun of a certain artist or just mainstream in general. I personally don't think its just a joke, mainly because tech actually seriously raps in it and he sounds good. The only thing that my friend bases this on is in the skits where they mention the 816 boys and how they won their grammy and shit. Yeah he thinks its a joke or some shit. Do you guys know anything about this? Cuz I think hes crazy, the songs prolly the worse on the album yeah, but not a joke.

Yeah, it is a joke.

Listen to the end of the song.

i think its a joke to cuz yea they had the grammy skit then at the end it says turn that shit or something like that. then when they talk with the bootleger at the end they kick his ass and kaliko gives him his letter of disapproval (truely funny ass shit i must saw, it made me actually laugh out loud). so i think it was a joke.

its a fucking song omg. who cares if its a joke or not. its a song and its good.

and no where close to the worst on the album

yeah its mainly a joke talkin bout shitty industry music

check out the interview here: http://www.djbooth.net/index/intervi...rview-0928091/

in there he kinda alludes to areola being a joke by saying something like "if i ever get nominated for an emmy...god forbid it would be areola" or somethin like that

I did, still though I dont think that makes the song a joke. If it is, whats it even about?

They are trying to mimic a radio 'hit' to show how fucking stupid people are. Thats all Areola is... Then they comment on how it is shit in the end, which it is.

the area around the nipple duh lmao nah, i think its about how artists get rich and famous from stupid shit using something like the area around the nipple lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReaLTB
    yeah its mainly a joke talkin bout shitty industry music

check out the interview here: http://www.djbooth.net/index/interviews/entry/tech-n9ne-interview-0...

in there he kinda alludes to areola being a joke by saying something like "if i ever get nominated for an emmy...god forbid it would be areola" or somethin like that
    cool, i learned something new today.

why do you think its shit? explain. tech krizz and kutt all have sick verses in that song. yeah, the hook is a little sketch but still. kutts part is fire

Quote Originally Posted by Flicktion.
    They are trying to mimic a radio 'hit'. Thats all Areola is... Then they comment on how it is shit in the end, which it is.