Thread: RIP PROOF

RIP PROOF

3 yrs. but not forgotten...

yeah damn tht shit sucked, i hope em makes a dope meaningful song 4 proof on his new album, cuz when em gets deep with his shit, i think thats when hes at his best!

RIP Big Proof. I was bumping his album the other day, it sucks that he's gone, does anybody know what happened to the dude that shot him?

Quote Originally Posted by SyNiKaL
    RIP Big Proof. I was bumping his album the other day, it sucks that he's gone, does anybody know what happened to the dude that shot him?
    I don't know what he got exactly.. I just found this.

Proof's Shooter Might Walk Out on ProbationMario Etheridge could spend no time in jail because his record is clean By Elena Gorgan, Entertainment News Editor

22nd of September 2006, 07:05 GMT

Adjust text size:

The death of the rapper Proof, which took place five months ago in a shoot-out at a Detroit nightclub, might not result in any jail time for the man who is considered guilty of it. It all happened when Proof, a co-founder of D12, got into a heated argument with another man over a pool game.

Proof, real name Deshaun Holton, started hitting Keith Bender, then took out a gun and pistol-whipped him and shot him in the face. Etheridge, Bender's cousin and a bouncer at said club, came and saw that his relative was in danger of being killed and, without any second thought, took out his own weapon and fired it at the ceiling.

When he saw the rapper was in no way to be determined to stop, Etheridge shot him three times in the head and chest. Proof was pronounced dead half an hour later, at the hospital, but the man he shot lingered for another week until he passed away.

Etheridge pleaded self-defense, claiming he tried to do what any other person would have done when seeing a close relative in danger of being killed. During the court hearing a couple of days ago, he was charged with carrying a concealed weapon and discharging a firearm in a building and found guilty on both counts.

The maximum penalty for these two felonies is no more than five years in jail, but he might walk out of it by the simple fact that his criminal record is clean. The defense attorney stated that, considering that his client has never in his life been involved in any other similar incident (as a matter of fact, he never got a traffic ticket), it's more than likely that he will get probation.

The prosecutor said that, though not charged with murder, the verdict proves that, quote, 'no one can calm a violent situation by introducing a weapon'. The final sentence will be pronounced on October 17.

I found more, the dude who shot him only had to pay $2,000 and was credited time served.... so basically the dude shot and killed PROOF and his own cousin and got away with it. Proof never fired a shot at anyone, but he was demonized over this shit. B/S!

My real question is, why is this man still alive??? All this talkin' these rappers do, and when one of their own is murdered they let dude live???

Wow, this is really sad. I can't say I'm surprised that nobody has done anything about it, because a lot of rappers these days, even some who were close to proof are all talk. This is sad, the Mayor of Detroit Hip hop, got killed, and never got avenged.

Quote Originally Posted by k-skale
    I found more, the dude who shot him only had to pay $2,000 and was credited time served.... so basically the dude shot and killed PROOF and his own cousin and got away with it. Proof never fired a shot at anyone, but he was demonized over this shit. B/S!

My real question is, why is this man still alive??? All this talkin' these rappers do, and when one of their own is murdered they let dude live???

Ok you confused me. You said the guy killed proof and his cousin got away with it. Who are you talking about? Etheridge shot Proof and his cousin was killed...so his cousin didn't get away with it. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong. And Proof did fire a shot...he killed Keith Bender.

Wait, Proof fired a shot? I was under the impression he didn't even fire a single shot. Now I'm all confused lol

Quote Originally Posted by SamHain

Ok you confused me. You said the guy killed proof and his cousin got away with it. Who are you talking about? Etheridge shot Proof and his cousin was killed...so his cousin didn't get away with it. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong. And Proof did fire a shot...he killed Keith Bender.

Quote Originally Posted by SamHain

The article I read said he fired a shot into the air. Then was tackled or whatever and struggled. Etheridge shot at both of them and they both dropped. It was aid that Proof didn't shoot anyone.