Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Krizz Kaliko featured in this months XXL Magazine June 2012

Krizz Kaliko featured in this months XXL Magazine June 2012

He has a 3 page spread. It was a really good read with some interesting things. I'm happy to see Krizz getting some exposure. He mentions that he is planning a solo tour.

One thing I think they got wrong was they said " Krizz signed to Strange Music in 2007. The next year he released his first album called Vitiligo which sold a mediocre 37,000 copies."

The way they said it made it seem like that's what he sold first week. I don't think that album has sold 37,000 copies to date.

unfortunately xxl mag also spreads blatant lies like "everybody loves waka"....smh

I do know that he didn't actually sign an official contract until 2007. As far as units go, I am not sure.

Him signing in 2007 could be the same as Prozak signing last year even though Prozak had an album out under Strange in 2008. I could believe Vitiligo sold about 37k copies seeing as how the album has been out for 4 years and all the 50% off sales Strange has done over the years.

HAHHAHAA on some real shit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalstiltskin

unfortunately xxl mag also spreads blatant lies like "everybody loves waka"....smh

"Fuck laws, I make my own rules.

Suck my dragon ballz bitch call me Goku." hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Longo

HAHHAHAA on some real shit though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusalstiltskin

unfortunately xxl mag also spreads blatant lies like "everybody loves waka"....smh"

The Headline of the article was:

"I WANT IN

Strange Music's long-serving hype-and-hook man, Krizz Kaliko makes a bid to move from the fridges to the mainstream."

Here's a part of the article:

"I'm definitely in his shadow (referring to Tech). But it's kind of crazy because, yes, I would like to be really Independent. At the same time, what we do, we do together, and it's wonderful, so I don't really want to separate from him. And it's really a difficult thing. I can't possibly be in his shadow forever."

I wonder what Krizz meant by that exactly. I wonder if maybe Krizz is kind of subliminally shedding light on the fact that working for Tech either forces you to be in his shadows or that Tech pressures Strange artists to collab even when it isn't originally the two artists idea in the first place.

But I mean I guess if thats the truth then basically Krizz wants to be more free to do what he wants to do more entirely. Maybe Tech has some indifferences with Strange artists a little because he has his own expectations for his artists kind of like how YMCMB artists are made to feature each other a lot. Maybe the shit Brotha Lynch hung talked about on DAAM was true after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex M

The Headline of the article was:

"I WANT IN

Strange Music's long-serving hype-and-hook man, Krizz Kaliko makes a bid to move from the fridges to the mainstream."

Here's a part of the article:

"I'm definitely in his shadow (referring to Tech). But it's kind of crazy because, yes, I would like to be really Independent. At the same time, what we do, we do together, and it's wonderful, so I don't really want to separate from him. And it's really a difficult thing. I can't possibly be in his shadow forever."

He said basically that if he didn't sell enough he'd be dropped and that he was afraid of getting dropped. Infact Tech sorta confirmed it by saying that he was going to drop him and then Lynch called him and was all like showing him some new material and Tech loved it so he kept Lynch. I think in Lynch's case Tech loves him enough to let him do himself a tad more. But I'm guessing others are a little bit more shaped to fit Strange which is why we almost always see all the new Strange artists featured on even all the new Strange artists albums. So I guess the issue would be that if you're pressured to feature someone you don't want then you lack room for another feature you do really want?

I don't know.