Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Here's what LA TIMES has to say about Tech's debut at PAID DUES

Here's what LA TIMES has to say about Tech's debut at PAID DUES

But the day wasn't without its disappointments.

Backed by two dancer/hype-men, Kansas City's Tech N9ne, one of the paramount independent success stories of the last decade, put on a rambunctious set of his Bone Thugs N' Harmony meets Bay Area hyphy raps. Although the audience didn't seem to mind, it appeared that N9ne was lip-syncing, a regular occurrence in the pop world but an act of apostasy in the purist-oriented universe of indie-ground rap.

That's just some of it...but the LIP SYNCING PART:

I would LOVE to see ANY fucking ARTIST go on stage and fucking ROCK THE FUCK OUT and spitting as much shit per minute as he does...lmao..but really, if you're not a Technician I GUESS you really don't understand what a TECH concert is like, He don't have to spit every fuckin lyric of his song...stfu and enjoy the fuckin AMAZING show.
    I wasn't even there, saw the video and was pumped...
    fuck the haters man.

fuck that shit...we need to burn their asses to tha ground...how the fuck can u accuse som1 of somethin as devastating to their career as that w/ out anything but ur opinion...he LOOKED like he was lip syncing??? nah muthafucka, he that fuckin good! his songs actually sound good live cuz he talented, unlike the fake ass rappers out there 2day...if LA dont make up 4 this it gon b hell 2 pay when technicians take over...if u a true fan don't 4get bout this, cuz it prove we still got a long way to go b4 tech blows up it ther still ignorant bitch ass muthafuckas like this cunt...KC MOOO, ROOOOLLL

i

Let me just say this. he raps with his music playing but it's just for a backup. In Tulsa Oklahoma the sound fucked up in the middle of the song and all three of them just kept rapping like nothing happened and went 3 whole songs with no music just RAW VOCALS and DID NOT MISS A DAMN BEAT and then they fixed the problem and when the music came back on they were right on beat with it. I literally was speechless. From that moment on I realized Tech N9ne is the greatest rapper that ever WAS, IS AND WILL BE

i will to the day i am standing there and tech does sumthin like trips and hes still spiittin or drops the mic and music is still playin words and all DENY THT BULLSHIT. fuck that i dont think after all these years of performances live frees and concert videos hed be lip syncing or at least not get caught up or asked on it...thts a 1st ive ever heard anyone say tht bout tech hope to nvr see it again

ive 2 been 2 alot of shows and i dont know if hes lip singing at all!...u cant tell wutsoever if he is...i dont think he duz.

Tech N9ne does not lip sync. This shit is retarded. And 2 hype men/dancer??? Thats Kutt and Kaliko for God's sake. Who the hell are these reporters anyway, some dumbasses that don't know shit about music I guess. I would like to slap the shit out of whoever said Tech lip syncs. Seriously. Tech could do a whole set with no music at all and it would still be worth every penny you paid to see him. CK

Oh ya they definitely hatin' no1 in ne music area puts on a show like Tech, his music is the truth, he is one of the only artist that I actually anticipate along with em and luda, and not to many artist can make a cd that you can listen to from beginning to end like Tech's and em's

Exactly, He raps over his music playing in tha backround, His mic is louder than the music, but the music still plays when he pauses. I have been to 10+ Tech shows and i figured that out long ago. Heres an example.......
    Quote Originally Posted by Micah
    Let me just say this. he raps with his music playing but it's just for a backup. In Tulsa Oklahoma the sound fucked up in the middle of the song and all three of them just kept rapping like nothing happened and went 3 whole songs with no music just RAW VOCALS and DID NOT MISS A DAMN BEAT and then they fixed the problem and when the music came back on they were right on beat with it. I literally was speechless. From that moment on I realized Tech N9ne is the greatest rapper that ever WAS, IS AND WILL BE

There is a difference between ad libs being on the show mix and people lip syncing. Artists 99% of the time have ad libs, backup vocal tracks to put the emphasis where it needs to be. But that is because you cant do it all by yourself. Tech has his ad libs on his tracks, he does not lip sync though. Hell to the MFin no. I have heard the audio from one of his shows, minus the music track and it is 100% on point. Ill say it again, he do a whole show accapella and it would be just as good as it is with music.