Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hopsin is a fucking cornball.

Hopsin is a fucking cornball.

Let me start by saying this, Hop has skills as a rapper, and could be great. I enjoy a LITTLE of his work.

[p]But really, am I the only one who sees right through Hopsins gimmick?? His gimmick is extremely corny, and I honestly don't see how any grown man could enjoy his music. He markets himself towards kids. The same kids I.C.P. marketed themselves to. His fans are like this generations Juggalos really, and just as many of I.C.P.s fans do, once they grow up a little, they're going to grow right out of his music. He goes after the "shock factor" more than 90% of rappers. His senseless dissing is rather annoying honestly, and is just another part of his gimmick. It's the good 'ol 50 Cent way into the game. He goes after rappers he know won't respond to him and ones that are easy targets. They honestly don't even count as a diss in my opinion. For a diss, click

P.S. I find it funny how he will openly diss a rapper by name dropping if he knows they wont respond, or he knows they wont fire back. But he had to subliminally diss the Game, <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk_O3yhLbMA" target="_blank">here

, because he knows Game would have fired back, and probably murked him with a diss. And I'm not a Game fan at all.

I understand, dudes got a nice flow, decent wordplay from time to time, and has a few catchy songs, but what in the fuck is it that makes people ride this dudes junk the way they do??

/rant

I never like disses cause they're just fucking stupid.

However if you look at his deep songs (namely Nocturnal Rainbows) it's great lyricism. Poetry put to music. Just like trying to be THE fastest rapper is stupid because you cant understand lyrics beyond a certain point, gets repetitive, etc, being THE most lyrical rapper means nothing if it's not musical. Hopsin has huge talent and is great at combining passionate lyricism with musical elements. As he continues to grow, he can be a great rapper.

yup, hopsins dope, this dudes trippin.

this

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle

I never like disses cause they're just fucking stupid.

However if you look at his deep songs (namely Nocturnal Rainbows) it's great lyricism. Poetry put to music. Just like trying to be THE fastest rapper is stupid because you cant understand lyrics beyond a certain point, gets repetitive, etc, being THE most lyrical rapper means nothing if it's not musical. Hopsin has huge talent and is great at combining passionate lyricism with musical elements. As he continues to grow, he can be a great rapper.

No one cares what u think, and i actually read your entire rant. Everything u said has been said before about him and no one cares

Didn't read. But Hopsin is a joke.

Gazing at the moonlight had shit he recorded when he was like 19. Ruthless took like amost 4 years to release his album. He was still developing his skill back then. You ask us if we've heard Gazing at the Moonlight? Maybe we should ask u if you've heard Raw!?

I agree about him having some corny lines. The disses don't bother me, Hip-Hop can use competitiveness. When he was making fun of Game, that wasn't subliminal, it was obvious. I listened to Raw, liked it(8/10) and became a fan. He probably has the best flow and delivery right now imo(till RA The Rugged Man drops his album, then I'll see). He should work on his lyricism and other elements of rap more. I disagree about his production tho, I like it, it's good. Overall I'm a fan, but will never ride his dick, or any rappers' for that matter. Stans of all artists are generally annoying af(Em still has the worst Stans).

I like hop i listend a little more to him now and he is decent and all but i just want to point out a few things in your rant.

you state how corny his gimmick is. Well this is just from my point of view but damn near everyone in the game has a corny gimmick, so he is not the only one. As for the shock factor thing. Your right he his useing it a bit. But so have other rappers. Tyler The Creator and the rest of OF. NWA when they first came out. i mean its all a marketing schime at the end of the day. he does it to sell his music and he will keep doing as long as people keep buying his music. But ur right. i think if i focused more on just putting all of his heart into every single track he puts out then he can be a great artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex M

Didn't read. But Hopsin is no joke.