Thread: Strange Music Label Discussion

Strange Music Label Discussion

Hey guys I've had a few things on my mind and thought it would be a great post to make. 4 questions that I wanna hear ur answers to.

1. Does anyone know the contracts of Strange Music artists?
    2. Who do you think Tech likes the most on the label? Besides Veterans like kalliko and kutt
    3. Who do you guys think will leave strange music first for other opportunities
    4. What mainstream artists or previous artists would be a great fit on strange.

My Answers

1. Im really interested in how long each artist has. I know lynch just signed a new deal but other than that how many more albums do these guys have. It would also be sick to learn how much they are making per contract.

2. From what I've seen he posts and talks highly of Wrekonize and Ces Cru. He made a huge deal about there albums a lot more than other label mates.

3. I would have to say I could see Mayday leaving first. They have a huge presence in the mainstream. Huge monster energy ties and they do work for people like lil wayne and have more mainstream features. I love Mayday and never want them
    To leave but having Wrek sign a solo contract it worries me.

4. looking at skilled artists that were once mainstream have a change of art would be Yelawolf and chamillionaire. They were both on major labels but now have a fuck the industry stance on the mainstream. They to me would be great signings. Plus they both have huge fan bases. Also Snow Tha Product but I don't see her leaving Atlantic unless they pull a ruthless and really screw up her progress.

1. idk if it's album based of yearly based but im also very curious as to how all that works.

2. yea he definitely really digs wrek and ces and rittz too imo.

3. I would honestly say Stevie. I think mayday really enjoys the loyal fan base and the complete creative control. I don't think they're going anywhere ESPECIALLY since wrek signed as a solo artist and bernz is supposed to be dropping a solo this year.

4. I don't think that's who they need to sign. its someone up and coming with more long term potential like JL or even someone like Liz Suwandi. I guess tech wants angel davenport, she's ok. I woulda rather had snow, strange shouldn't have lagged on that.

1. I don't know what the contract details are. I do know that the artists and label agree upon a certain number of albums that have to be released.

2. I'd agree and say Wrekonize/Mayday! and Ces Cru.

3. I always thought Mayday! would leave the label first because I do think there are better opportunities out there for them.

4. They need a female artist on the label so Snow Tha Product. Yelawolf would be a nice fit. Lupe Fiasco would be a great fit because Strange gives the artist full creative control. Lupe is being held down by Atlantic.

U think rittz? Iunno i know he really likes his flow and talent but it didnt seem like he wanted to hype his album up much. Just kinda did typical ceo promoting. Nothing to special.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Longo

1. idk if it's album based of yearly based but im also very curious as to how all that works.

2. yea he definitely really digs wrek and ces and rittz too imo.

3. I would honestly say Stevie. I think mayday really enjoys the loyal fan base and the complete creative control. I don't think they're going anywhere ESPECIALLY since wrek signed as a solo artist and bernz is supposed to be dropping a solo this year.

4. I don't think that's who they need to sign. its someone up and coming with more long term potential like JL or even someone like Liz Suwandi. I guess tech wants angel davenport, she's ok. I woulda rather had snow, strange shouldn't have lagged on that.