Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Other artists/groups that Tech N9ne led you to...?

Other artists/groups that Tech N9ne led you to...?

When it comes to me, Tech has influenced EVERYTHING that has to do with music.After I heard Tech, obviously I found Kaliko, Kutt, Prozak, Scoob, every single Strange artist ever, which I all like. Even Critical Bill because of the bonus CD on Everready.Besides Strange, Tech has led to Hopsin. I saw all these discussions about Hopsin and decided to check him out. Glad I did. Then Hop led me to SwizZz! Besides Funk Volume, Tech led me to the Kottonmouth Kings. They are amazing. KMK led me to Hed PE, Big B, Mickey Avalon, etc.

Besides Subnoize, Tech has led me to Ill Bill, which has in turn led me to La Coka Nostra, then Everlast, Slaine, etc.Besides them, Tech has led to ICP. Now I know no one really likes them, but I do. I'm not a juggalo, but I love ICP's music. ICP in turn led me to Twiztid, Boondox, etc.IT NEVER FUCKING ENDS!!!TECH N9NE, THANK YOU!!!

Besides everyone on strange, Freddie gibs, rittz, yela wolf, aqueleo, mac lethal, nesto, Irv da phenom, pot luck, citizen cope, R.A. The Rugged man, J.L., grave plott, twized, crooked I, jay rock, Craige smith, (hed) p.e., spice 1, yukmouth.
    Rodger troutman, x-clan, krs-o.n.e.

Ah yes, how could I forget about Nesto Irv and Craig Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by Your Local_Ghetto Superman
    Besides everyone on strange, Freddie gibs, rittz, yela wolf, aqueleo, mac lethal, nesto, Irv da phenom, pot luck, citizen cope, R.A. The Rugged man, J.L., grave plott, twized, crooked I, jay rock, Craige smith, (hed) p.e., spice 1, yukmouth.
    Rodger troutman, x-clan, krs-o.n.e.

Top Dawg Ent, Stevie Stone, Hopsin, Irv, Ces Cru, J.L Of BHood, Cognito, D-Loc The Gill God, Liquid Assassin, Black Pegasus, Rittz, Yelawolf, Crooked I, Blind Fury, Joe Virtigo (i forgot how to spell his last name, so idk if im right), Mint Condition, Nikkiya Brooks, Chino XL, Mackenzie O'Guin, Lynch, Liz Suwandi, Dalima. I know there is more but im tired of typing.

B Double E, BG Bulletwound, Big Rich, Bizzy (not from BTNH), Greg Enemy, Joey Cool, Mel Balu, Monday, Mr. Stinky, Popper, Yung Real, Stik Figa, Ceza, Gloc-9 (filipino rapper), etc. The list could go on & on & on & on.....but certainly N9NE/STRANGE has allowed me to discover plenty of Music I never knew of...........................

Listening to Tech N9ne led me to some of the dopest artists ever: obviously all of strange,Crucifed, the choppa clique, D-loc and Dalima, Gho5t, Hopsin, Irv Da Phenom, JL of B.Hood, KMK, Liquid Assassin, MGK, NoClue, Snow Tha Product, Potluck, Smoke, T-Nutty, Twisted Insane, VBL, and Yelawolf

Right now I'd like to thank Tech for turning me on to ¡MAYDAY! and Ces Cru. Got to see Tech with ¡MAYDAY! a few weeks ago and they rock live. I heard "Retrogression" and "The Noose" and there was just something about Wreck's sound that made me look them up and after I stumbled upon "Stuck on an Island" I was hooked and had to find the "Lords of the Fly Mixtape". Despite the fact that they've put out 2-3 albums and 2 EP's they have like 80+ songs out there, they've made videos for songs that aren't even on albums, their catalog is much larger than just "TMTYL"

The Ces Cru mixtapes aren't bad but I can't wait for the actual Ces Cru Strange debut. If you haven't listened to "The Playground" yet check Youtube b/c they have 6-8 videos...a little old and low-budget but still good shit.

Yup. Stuck On An Island is AMAZING. It's so laid-back and the whole album just flows together. Love the production and lyrics.

Quote Originally Posted by neptunebastard

Right now I'd like to thank Tech for turning me on to ¡MAYDAY! and Ces Cru. Got to see Tech with ¡MAYDAY! a few weeks ago and they rock live. I heard "Retrogression" and "The Noose" and there was just something about Wreck's sound that made me look them up and after I stumbled upon "Stuck on an Island" I was hooked and had to find the "Lords of the Fly Mixtape". Despite the fact that they've put out 2-3 albums and 2 EP's they have like 80+ songs out there, they've made videos for songs that aren't even on albums, their catalog is much larger than just "TMTYL"

The Ces Cru mixtapes aren't bad but I can't wait for the actual Ces Cru Strange debut. If you haven't listened to "The Playground" yet check Youtube b/c they have 6-8 videos...a little old and low-budget but still good shit.

dude what about potluck??? they both are amazing and the tracks with tech are nuts great tracks!!!! pot luck has to be one of my favs of all time

Tech led me to....

all of Strange

Twiztid

Potluck

Ill Bill

Chino XL

Liquid Assassin

Slaughterhouse

Hed P.E

King Gordy (either him or D12, been a while)

Immortal Technique

Bone Thugs

But if I made a graph of all the artists I listen to, branching out from every other artist that exposed them to me, you'd probably see 99% of them started from Tech