Thread: Does Tech like MTV or NOT?

Does Tech like MTV or NOT?

AHHHHHHHHHHHH. Why is it advertised on the front page? (That MTVU link) You hear it in his songs and see it one websites....I want to know if Tech is really going to hate MTV one day for the end. MTV.com still has a Tech n9ne page as well....

The MTVU link is on the front page because getting on MTV without paying them for it is a huge accomplishment. I think Tech has a love/hate relationship with MTV. When he first went to them back in the day they told him that his music was too gangster for them. He got a bit more popular and a couple of his videos got a few plays from them but they still didn't recognize him like they should've. Then he did a show for a girls birthday that was on MTV's Super Sweet 16, but when it came to the on-air footage, they cut Techs performance completely out of the show, he disses on them for that in Like Yeah. On the second season of America's Best Dance Crew they gave one of the groups Earthquake by Tech in a "master mix" to dance to and the entire mix was only the chorus of the song which isn't even Tech singin. Now that Tech has sold over 1,000,000 copies they realize that he's bringin the heat whether they like it or not so they want a piece of his action. Advertising isn't cheap so any you get free you should embrace when you're puttin yourself out there. As big as he's getting, MTV is going to be on him no matter what so he figures, fuck it, let em have a piece of Tech, all it does is bring him more fans and more money.

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosis
    The MTVU link is on the front page because getting on MTV without paying them for it is a huge accomplishment. I think Tech has a love/hate relationship with MTV. When he first went to them back in the day they told him that his music was too gangster for them. He got a bit more popular and a couple of his videos got a few plays from them but they still didn't recognize him like they should've. Then he did a show for a girls birthday that was on MTV's Super Sweet 16, but when it came to the on-air footage, they cut Techs performance completely out of the show, he disses on them for that in Like Yeah. On the second season of America's Best Dance Crew they gave one of the groups Earthquake by Tech in a "master mix" to dance to and the entire mix was only the chorus of the song which isn't even Tech singin. Now that Tech has sold over 1,000,000 copies they realize that he's bringin the heat whether they like it or not so they want a piece of his action. Advertising isn't cheap so any you get free you should embrace when you're puttin yourself out there. As big as he's getting, MTV is going to be on him no matter what so he figures, fuck it, let em have a piece of Tech, all it does is bring him more fans and more money.

Sometimes people sell out in crappy ways. Yeah, its cool to promote yourself, but then you can also get crapped on by the hawk of 5 minute fame. On "Like Yeah" I do know about the lyric. To be honest MTV should not have permission to play his songs....I never see Tech played on any other Viacom network either.......(BET or VH1 to begin with)

What do you mean sell out? Tech didn't sell out if he didn't pay them to put him on the network. If you pay attention to the videos they have on the MTVU page for Tech, they aren't even presenting him correctly. The "exclusive live footage" you can tell is a live performance video dubbed over with the Midwest Choppers song and then the noise of the crowd sliced into it. Tech sounds badass live but nobody sounds crisp like they do on a CD when they play live. The next video is Slacker, his first video, which he mentions "watchin MTV" in, then the next video is Like Yeah which they incorrectly have labeled as Killer and when he comes to the part where he disses MTV for the birthday bash, they changed MTV to Industry, then it goes to their interview with him and they say his latest album is Everready when it's not, Killer is his latest album, Everready was two albums ago. Tech went to BET back in the day too and they wouldn't play him because he's too Rock. As for VH1, the only thing I ever see on there are old ass videos or new ones that aren't worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ___Jon

Sometimes people sell out in crappy ways. Yeah, its cool to promote yourself, but then you can also get crapped on by the hawk of 5 minute fame. On "Like Yeah" I do know about the lyric. To be honest MTV should not have permission to play his songs....I never see Tech played on any other Viacom network either.......(BET or VH1 to begin with)

What do you mean sell out? Tech didn't sell out if he didn't pay them to put him on the network. If you pay attention to the videos they have on the MTVU page for Tech, they aren't even presenting him correctly. The "exclusive live footage" you can tell is a live performance video dubbed over with the Midwest Choppers song and then the noise of the crowd sliced into it. Tech sounds badass live but nobody sounds crisp like they do on a CD when they play live. The next video is Slacker, his first video, which he mentions "watchin MTV" in, then the next video is Like Yeah which they incorrectly have labeled as Killer and when he comes to the part where he disses MTV for the birthday bash, they changed MTV to Industry, then it goes to their interview with him and they say his latest album is Everready when it's not, Killer is his latest album, Everready was two albums ago. Tech went to BET back in the day too and they wouldn't play him because he's too Rock. As for VH1, the only thing I ever see on there are old ass videos or new ones that aren't worth watching.

No no no. I did not say Tech sold out. haha. Just to be clear there. ....and too "Rock" for BET? Frickin soulja boy has an annoying drum beat and yelling that could be ified as "disney rock". haha. As far as MTV presenting and screwing up orders of albums they are known for doing that. We dont need to start a mtv-hate post on here....haha.

Psych,

I just went on to the MTVU site to actually see the damage......

First, it censors most of the song - "industry" replaced ..."mtv clipped..." and "the tv" is sounds like it replaced the lyric "mtv we sick of it"

Wow. So i see what you are saying when they seem to be promoting him in a different way.

Ok I gotcha, misunderstood what you said lol. Bein too rock for BET he mentions on the T9X DVD I do believe, been a while since I seen it though but I've heard him say that in several interviews as well. Didn't mean to make it seem like an MTV hate post lol it's just hard for me to give any respect to a network that claims to be "Music Television" when they can't get their artist info straight, yadadamean?

No no no. I did not say Tech sold out. haha. Just to be clear there. ....and too "Rock" for BET? Frickin soulja boy has an annoying drum beat and yelling that could be ified as "disney rock". haha. As far as MTV presenting and screwing up orders of albums they are known for doing that. We dont need to start a mtv-hate post on here....haha.

he's more than paid his dues, if its still FTI!, but the industry's tryna kiss his ass then absolute power has only begun and you know aaron is gonna stay true to him self!