Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what is yall opion on tha rap game these days.

what is yall opion on tha rap game these days.

i think a lot off rappers are bringing some muthafuckin bullshit songs. like lil wayne and soulja boy and some more muthafuckers.
    i say lets bring it back to back in the days like the year 92,94,95,96,97,98. these are the years when the best cd s came out..........that old skool raw beats...peace

muthafuck ta midwestsiders stuppid ass muthafuckers.......TECH N9NE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rhyme n lyrical is gone in my opinion, a chart toping song is all up to the beats n catchy hooks...n the people with somethin els ta say either that "im rich" are all chillin underground...old school cats are sellin out n makin tha same shit these new guys are makin...lyk 36s lolli lolli n waynes lolli pop, bone thugs even stared makin mainstreem type shit!!! but dont get me wrong, bizzy n friends are still real as hell but the industry is forcing music into a stand still...hip hop isnt dead, its jus all tha same...no1 remembers tha songs they were pumpin 2 weeks be4...thats y i think tha mainstreem needs tech n who ever els who has real talent, so it can get out of this lyrical rut...it needs some1 memerable

I gotta agree with you, only real rappers I can think of right now are ice cube, tech n9ne, immortal technique. those rappers actually rap, they let their lyrics and flow make the music. dont get me wrong also the catchy beats, but its not the only thing they depend on, like lil wayne, that aint hip hop, its just a nice beat. i heard he pays his producers over 100,000 thousand for beats.

Quote Originally Posted by Synide
    rhyme n lyrical is gone in my opinion, a chart toping song is all up to the beats n catchy hooks...n the people with somethin els ta say either that "im rich" are all chillin underground...old school cats are sellin out n makin tha same shit these new guys are makin...lyk 36s lolli lolli n waynes lolli pop, bone thugs even stared makin mainstreem type shit!!! but dont get me wrong, bizzy n friends are still real as hell but the industry is forcing music into a stand still...hip hop isnt dead, its jus all tha same...no1 remembers tha songs they were pumpin 2 weeks be4...thats y i think tha mainstreem needs tech n who ever els who has real talent, so it can get out of this lyrical rut...it needs some1 memerable

I have no idea what modern main stream music or modern rap music is all about. I quit listening to it years ago. I listen to Strange, and Sub Noize, along with my old shit still. I am dissapointed in what rap has become, because it has been my passion for years. But as long as real artists like Tech, Kutt, Kali, and Potluck keep puting out the realness that is what matters to me!!!!!

i agree fully.

i like the beats most of the time,but the shyme and lyrical is just trash really.

Quote Originally Posted by Synide

Man you cnt stay stuck in the past. I agree 100 percent that shit's dope - ic. I still bump ol Dre/Snoop/Em/Bone/Cube/KRS But that's what music is all about...the change n evolution n all that noise. I mean I'm pretty sure there was some people hatin on early NWA n shit too...but hey look at em now. Eitherway fuck the "rap" game it's all about "your" game n musical taste.

I think the rap GAME is fine, it's just the maintstream pop music that has gone. Real rappers that are good can still be successful, and even if they aren't the best, if they come up with an original marketing scheme they can become VERY successful. It's just about how willing you are to work and be creative with what you are doing. I am by no means a rapper so I cannot say I have any personal experience in this subject, just throwing in my 2 cents.

MAN ALL THE MAINSTREAM IZ JUST BEATZ AND SAYIN THA SAME SHIT OVER AND OVER AGAIN WAT HAPPEN 2 MUSIC LIKE 2PAC AND BIGGIE BUT STANGE AND SUB NOIZE KEEP THA MUZIC FRESH EVERY TIME AND EVERY TRACK U DONT KNOW WAT TO EXPECT

MAN ALL THE MAINSTREAM IZ JUST BEATZ AND SAYIN THA SAME SHIT OVER AND OVER AGAIN WAT HAPPEN 2 MUSIC LIKE 2PAC AND BIGGIE BUT STANGE AND SUB NOIZE KEEP THA MUZIC FRESH EVERY TIME AND EVERY TRACK U DONT KNOW WAT TO EXPECT