Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Krizz Kaliko - Kickin' & Screamin'

Krizz Kaliko - Kickin' & Screamin'

I know there's a thread about album leaks, but this is more of an opinion discussion. What are your thoughts on the album?

Personally, I think this is his best work so far by a long shot. I cannot criticise the album at all! If I had to complain, I'd say that explosion followed by the word "KILLER!!" at the beginning of "Unstable" is a little annoying, but that's just me being picky lol. Plus, Tech MURDERS all of his features!

I thought Kaliko's other work was SUPER overated by the board's tournament. This was actually a pretty dope album. Seems to be the first Strange album with alot of dubstep influence thru out, so that's cool. I'm not a big dubstep fan but I like the direction they took it in on this project. I also think it's awesome they got Rittz and Chamillionaire on the album. And I ALWAYS enjoy a Twista feature. It's always good that Strange stays on top of the collab game. It's one of my favorite things about the label's conduct. Thats also a second collab for Rittz and Strange. I hope they keep that goin like the Twista thing.

The sound of the album is very crisp and brand slappin new compared to alot of stuff coming out.

This is the first time I've spent money on a Kaliko album. I don't buy alot of hype but this album sounded dope enough to go buy, I'm always a sucker for those Chopper tracks and Kill Shit sold me.

Far and away Kaliko's best work so far, love this album.

I wish there wasn't twista and the track he was going to do with Hopsin was on it. On a semi-related note, has anyone heard the iTunes deluxe tracks? Unfortunately, I like them better than the SM online pre-order track.

I pre-ordered and haven't gotten it yet though. Which is sort of disappointing bc I'm in Blue Springs, which is near KC and Lee's Summit. So idk. But i can't listen to songs before I get it bc its a special event to me.

I downloaded a leak, but I knew before that I was gonna buy the CD. Picked it up a couple of hours ago and listening to the CD quality version, but I feel there are some tracks that weren't mixed properly. "Abu Dhabi" & "Can't Be The Only One" from my listening point of view seem to have the high ends of the 808 booms way over powered, but I may just be picky. This album is right up there with Genius, my favorite Kaliko album. I have no idea why "Dumb For You" is even on this album, seemed like filler to me. Wouldn't wanna waste a T-Pain hook even if it's gutter.

Favorite Tracks:

Dancin' With Myself

Kill Shit

Mayday

Created A Monster

Hello Walls

Wannabe

Unstable

And let it be known, Twiztid killed their verses, especially on Wannabe. I've been listening to Twiztid for about 10+ years and have never heard them as they are on these tracks

Yea the bonus tracks are good!!!! Wish they were on the album. But yea this album is right up there w Genius, maybe better. I am very impressed with the range that Krizz showed on this album. Lots of variety of songs and lots of good concepts. And it all flows very well together. And great subject matter!!!!! Only songs I don't like are Abu Dhabi and Dumb For You. Everything else is on point for the most part.
    Favorites are: Kill Shit, Mayday, Created A Monster, Hello Walls, Wanna Be, Unstable, Dream Of A King, Stay Alive and the i tunes bonus tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Will

I wish there wasn't twista and the track he was going to do with Hopsin was on it. On a semi-related note, has anyone heard the iTunes deluxe tracks? Unfortunately, I like them better than the SM online pre-order track.

One word......SPAZZZZZZ!!!!!! Freaking loved the album

Definitely not Genius quality. But Can't Be the Only One is fucking amazing.

same here...Belton...jus got mine!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Will

I pre-ordered and haven't gotten it yet though. Which is sort of disappointing bc I'm in Blue Springs, which is near KC and Lee's Summit. So idk. But i can't listen to songs before I get it bc its a special event to me.