Thread: Pre-Ordering

Pre-Ordering

So I've discovered songs that I've ever heard of on albums I own. I learned that these songs are Pre-order bonus'. I understand that Strange Music is tryin to make money but there are different ways. They should release these bonus songs just like the other ones so that the fans can enjoy the music we as fans live and adore. For compensation just increase the album price. This is just my opinion.

Never*

Love*

Nope. They are retailer exclusives. That's just how it works. It drives purchases to certain retailers, be it iTunes, Amazon, FYE, or Best Buy.

I like having a special song for buying from the strangemusicinc store. Gives them direct funds and support from me plus for 18$ you get an album, autographed copy, sticker and shirt. That's a damn good deal.

I should correct myself, I just realized you meant the SM bonus. It's just extra incentive for the pre-orders, that's all. It won't change.

So you want them to increase the price of albums, and get rid of the exclusive pre-order song (which really only stays exclusive for 5 minutes before it hits the internet) which is one of the selling points of preorders? I don't get how thats any better than the current system. If you buy the album elsewhere and want the SM Store pre-order track, just download it.

This

Quote Originally Posted by Cole

So you want them to increase the price of albums, and get rid of the exclusive pre-order song (which really only stays exclusive for 5 minutes before it hits the internet) which is one of the selling points of preorders? I don't get how thats any better than the current system. If you buy the album elsewhere and want the SM Store pre-order track, just download it.