Thread: Chino XL...

Chino XL...

Always loved his verse on Sickology 101, but for some reason I just never felt inclined to check out his music, well did that today, and holy fuck am I mad at myself for not checking on it sooner. This guy is a monster, I can easily say he jumped from not being on my radar to my top 5 MC's out...He's got some lines that leave you like "what the fuck did he just say?" For example "You're witnessing the Ricanstruction experience, change my name to miscarriage, chinos the sickest period." Anyways, just wanted to post this I guess to see if anyone else has dug into his music and feels the same way, differently, also the track Hell Song off The Ricanstruction features Tech and has arguably one of the top featured verses Tech has dropped in recent years.

Ricanstruction is top 5 albums of the year from 2012. His album Poison Pen is mad dope with some gems there too, and I haven't checked it all out but people really dig his debut Here to Save You All.

I copped his album I Told You So when he performed with Immortal Tech a couple years back and it wasn't memorable tbh. That said he's def top 5 lyricists imo

Also fuck the idiots who still hate on Chino based off of one line Tupac spit

[p]I saw something about that, didn't really look into it, I hate rap beefs just because fans always choose sides and I think that shits whack kinda like im sure there are Tech fans who dont fuck with Irv anymore cause of that twitter shit, but yeah once I heard Ricanstruction I was about 3 tracks in and started downloading everything else, I hope the best buy in town carries at least some of his music so I can pick up some physical copies.
    Quote Originally Posted by a tie a

Ricanstruction is top 5 albums of the year from 2012. His album Poison Pen is mad dope with some gems there too, and I haven't checked it all out but people really dig his debut Here to Save You All.

I copped his album I Told You So when he performed with Immortal Tech a couple years back and it wasn't memorable tbh. That said he's def top 5 lyricists imo

[p]Best Buy def won't be carrying his stuff. He released Ricanstruction on Viper Records, which is Immortal Technique's label, so their website would have it (I'd suggest ordering it with a free copy of Immortal Tech's Martyr mixtape since it's free lol). That's where I got it anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Nix
    [p]I saw something about that, didn't really look into it, I hate rap beefs just because fans always choose sides and I think that shits whack kinda like im sure there are Tech fans who dont fuck with Irv anymore cause of that twitter shit, but yeah once I heard Ricanstruction I was about 3 tracks in and started downloading everything else, I hope the best buy in town carries at least some of his music so I can pick up some physical copies.

[p]Well then, haha thanks for the heads up, as I'm working my way through the albums (haven't started I Told You So Yet) I'm really impressed with his consistency, haven't really come across a shit track yet, and the track with Big Pun is nuts!
    [p]Best Buy def won't be carrying his stuff. He released Ricanstruction on Viper Records, which is Immortal Technique's label, so their website would have it (I'd suggest ordering it with a free copy of Immortal Tech's Martyr mixtape since it's free lol). That's where I got it anyways
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Nix

Yeah, RICANStruction is dope. Some of the production is meh, but the lyrical content makes up for it.