Thread: Strange Fam I need some quick opinions!

Strange Fam I need some quick opinions!

I rarely ask for y'all to check some shit but my best friend just dropped his first music video and if you guys could give some feedback itd be greatly appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iupCq...mp;app=desktop

Can't say I'm surprised no ones given you feedback yet, this site's kind of a terrible place to look for feedback from what I've seen. With that being said, I liked the video and the track, pleasantly surprised on both accounts, no complaints about the video, and the track itself was pretty good, no cringe worthy moments, I feel like maybe he's still figuring out his delivery? Flow, lyrics, wordplay is all there, just felt like it would've been nice if it sounded like it was delivered with a little more conviction. So yeah long story short I dug the video and track, dudes got a Subcriber out of me so theres that.

Yea that's definitely true about the feedback, but even if I get, one reply nits better than none. That said, your feedback is greatly appreciated my man! Yea macs only been writing for about a year, he's getting a lot better as time goes on. His mix tape is gunna be pretty good. Cuz tbh, the more time goes on, the more Strange influence I infect him with lmao! If you're interested, here's his sound cloud. This is his old stuff, none of this will be on the mixtape. Maybe chasing stars, I'm putting that on my mix tape at least. Thanks again for the input fam!

https://soundcloud.com/macg04

[p]
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Nix

Can't say I'm surprised no ones given you feedback yet, this site's kind of a terrible place to look for feedback from what I've seen. With that being said, I liked the video and the track, pleasantly surprised on both accounts, no complaints about the video, and the track itself was pretty good, no cringe worthy moments, I feel like maybe he's still figuring out his delivery? Flow, lyrics, wordplay is all there, just felt like it would've been nice if it sounded like it was delivered with a little more conviction. So yeah long story short I dug the video and track, dudes got a Subcriber out of me so theres that.

[p]Will definitely check it out, if I can say without outstepping any boundaries, try not to force too much strange on him to where its SOUNDS like hes influenced by them, IMO the artists I like the most, outside of strange, are the ones who most of their influences surprised the shit out of me, but once I heard them, then I started picking up on the influences and seeing hints of them in tracks. again just my opinion, wish him the best of luck and success with this music thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Longo

Yea that's definitely true about the feedback, but even if I get, one reply nits better than none. That said, your feedback is greatly appreciated my man! Yea macs only been writing for about a year, he's getting a lot better as time goes on. His mix tape is gunna be pretty good. Cuz tbh, the more time goes on, the more Strange influence I infect him with lmao! If you're interested, here's his sound cloud. This is his old stuff, none of this will be on the mixtape. Maybe chasing stars, I'm putting that on my mix tape at least. Thanks again for the input fam!

[p]

[p]Say away! I never take anything personal and you make an excellent point. He's always gunna do him no matter what I say haha. Cuz most of his influences are mainstream, which is fine, good even. But he just ended up diggin some strange artists more than I thought. Mainly like, wrek and ubi. So now he's getting more deep with the lyrics and schemes and a little more up tempo flow when it calls for it.
    [p]Will definitely check it out, if I can say without outstepping any boundaries, try not to force too much strange on him to where its SOUNDS like hes influenced by them, IMO the artists I like the most, outside of strange, are the ones who most of their influences surprised the shit out of me, but once I heard them, then I started picking up on the influences and seeing hints of them in tracks. again just my opinion, wish him the best of luck and success with this music thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Longo

[p]

Wrek and Ubi are great ones for him to connect to, they're probably the least strange like strange artists, if that makes sense, lol, but yeah that's probably my only suggestion, and throw some other artists outside of strange at him, just tonight I finally checked out Chino XLs stuff and damn, I couldn't give you a better one to help him on wordplay, I'm actually pissed at myself for not looking into him sooner lol

[p]Yea I was just reading your thread. I'm definitely gunna have to check him out. Cuz I love his sickology verse. "Starting drama with chino god forbid. Auction my lyrics on eBay that's god for bid!" Lmao awesome. I've been digging jarren Benton a lot lately and if you haven't heard of Jeff Turner yet, I suggest you get on that.
    Wrek and Ubi are great ones for him to connect to, they're probably the least strange like strange artists, if that makes sense, lol, but yeah that's probably my only suggestion, and throw some other artists outside of strange at him, just tonight I finally checked out Chino XLs stuff and damn, I couldn't give you a better one to help him on wordplay, I'm actually pissed at myself for not looking into him sooner lol

Yes! Hell yes! Did you find Jeff through the team back pack cyphers too? That guy is NUTS!