Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Suggestions for when i go to Tech N9nes Independent Grind Tour

  1. #1

    Suggestions for when i go to Tech N9nes Independent Grind Tour

    Well I am going to start of by introducing my self. I am 15 years old and have been a Tech N9ne fan for 6 years now! I own every tech album you can imagine so you guys know i would really like to go to this show!


    Im going to be going to the show in Salt Lake City Utah at most likely the Great Saltair. It is a indoor place and holds couple hundred or maybe thousand people. The last Tech concert i went to was at the same place during the 6's and 7's tour.. The people were pushing and waves of people came in and barricaded me in the front on the gate. I was fine with it but was pretty sore after a while. I am getting VIP though this time and I have the choice to either go on the balcony or stay on the main floor. Do you guys think i should stay up on the balcony or go in the crowd?? I would really rather be on the crowd so im not the only one going crazy on the balcony.. Its just Im only 5 foot 3 so my face would be rubbin on people shoulders and backs or i would have to be on the gate again if want to get a good view since they are going to start pushing..


    So do you guys think i should go on the VIP balcony and have a good view without the chances of being trampled or going into the crowd going crazy with everyone and also a good view??.



  2. #2

    i say this time go try the balcony so then next time you can decide which you really prefer.


  3. #3
    Senior Member AlexM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,567

    This. I went front row the first time and had your experience. I didn't enjoy any of Techs part do to the crowd pushing. I went on the balcony the second time and absolutely no shoving. People just enjoying the show. I had a good time the entire show. Also on the balcony (at least at the venue here) you are level with the stage it it beats looking up at the stage.


    [p]
    Quote Originally Posted by maintaining strange

    i say this time go try the balcony so then next time you can decide which you really prefer.



  4. #4

    Saltair is a fun place, I went last time and got front row. Aside from people pushing it wasn't bad, I held on to the barricade so I wouldn't get pushed to the side. I am not a huge fan of the upstairs, except the part the hangs over the stage. I would either hang back towards the pillars (to hide next to in case of a mosh pit, but who knows they get told to stop moshing every time. Those Mormons are psycho) or up front


  5. #5

    Alex where did you go to his concert at?


    [p]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex M

    This. I went front row the first time and had your experience. I didn't enjoy any of Techs part do to the crowd pushing. I went on the balcony the second time and absolutely no shoving. People just enjoying the show. I had a good time the entire show. Also on the balcony (at least at the venue here) you are level with the stage it it beats looking up at the stage.


    [p]
    Quote Originally Posted by maintaining strange

    i say this time go try the balcony so then next time you can decide which you really prefer.



  6. #6
    I would say do both. The beauty of having VIP is that you aren't restricted. You can start in/near the front and then if it gets too crazy for you once tech comes on, as usual, you can hit the vip section (you wont be the only one goin crazy im sure) or vice versa and go back to the balcony/vip area. At least in my experiences the craziness doesnt normally last that long, a quarter through his performance most people are either gas'd or lit or both that they calm down a lil...in the pushing, moshing, etc at least. The vips are normally cool and u can meet some you can prolly chill with during the show at the meet and greet while waiting in line or hanging afterwards. Either way the show is always great and u dont miss anything as long as u got a good view from the balcony/vip area.

  7. #7
    Senior Member JoshMonje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    192

    Whenever he comes to my city, the venue has no balcony. It's kind of weird, but whenever he does Riot Maker or some song like that he says "We're all family here no one get too crazy." So it doesn't get too wild.


  8. #8
    Senior Member JoshMonje's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    192
    [p]I'm also 6'5, different from 5'3 so maybe there's a difference there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Monje

    Whenever he comes to my city, the venue has no balcony. It's kind of weird, but whenever he does Riot Maker or some song like that he says "We're all family here no one get too crazy." So it doesn't get too wild.


  9. #9
    Senior Member AlexM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,567
    [p]It's a venue here in Buffalo called Town Ballroom.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-Strange for the Main!

    Alex where did you go to his concert at?


    [p]
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex M

    This. I went front row the first time and had your experience. I didn't enjoy any of Techs part do to the crowd pushing. I went on the balcony the second time and absolutely no shoving. People just enjoying the show. I had a good time the entire show. Also on the balcony (at least at the venue here) you are level with the stage it it beats looking up at the stage.


    [p]
    Quote Originally Posted by maintaining strange

    i say this time go try the balcony so then next time you can decide which you really prefer.



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-01-2010, 11:59 PM
  2. Tech n9ne's Independent Grind Tour All-Access tour bus to backstage
    By Hip-Hop Nonstop TV Show in forum Rumors
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-28-2010, 09:56 PM
  3. Tech N9ne announces Independent Grind Tour 2010.
    By Strange Music HQ in forum News
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 02:01 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-09-2010, 08:51 AM
  5. TECH N9NE's INDEPENDENT GRIND TOUR with E-40?
    By TONY CRUZ (WRECKBONE) in forum Tours and Shows
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-28-2010, 07:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •