Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tech's new LP

Tech's new LP

In Tech's recent interview, he said he's planning on droppin an album in late October. He also said he's gonna be touring into November and possibly even further. How's he gonna write and record an album??? Makes no sense to me

He has a booth on his tour bus.

There's already a topic for this album in Albums, Tracks, and Collabos though

Hostile Takeover Tour ends July 7th, release date is supposed to be late October.... I don't see the problem. He can write on the tour and record over the course of 2 months or so, if he's smart he'll send out beat to his features as soon as he can. and @Living T, does he really have a recording booth in his bus? I didn't know that

Definitely has a way to record while in his bus. And he said he's already begun recording and writing to a few songs, while also collecting beats and contacting features. First he said late October, but I heard he wants to put it out on his birthday again (or at least as close as possible to November 8th).

techs gonnna come harder than ever IMO seeing as how maydyays releasing an amazing album as well as prozak with kickin n screamin sounding like ic material with mannibalector on the way techs gna know his shit has gotta top that n im sure it will be. im sayin his next album will be on level of everready if not greater

As long as it's not watered down with sub-par features. A6A7 had too many features for my liking, something I wouldn't mind as much if some of those features weren't absolutely horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by jwkstrange

techs gonnna come harder than ever IMO seeing as how maydyays releasing an amazing album as well as prozak with kickin n screamin sounding like ic material with mannibalector on the way techs gna know his shit has gotta top that n im sure it will be. im sayin his next album will be on level of everready if not greater

The only feature that I thought was bad was Snoop Dogg and Blind Fury 2 features on a CD with that many features isn't terrible

Quote Originally Posted by King Rasta

As long as it's not watered down with sub-par features. A6A7 had too many features for my liking, something I wouldn't mind as much if some of those features weren't absolutely horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by jwkstrange

Snoop's was absolutely horrible, one of the worst rap verses I've ever heard. I thought E-40's verse was barely tolerable. I didn't like anybody's verse on Pookie, maybe because that was just a bad song. I thought Wayne's verse was super overrated and people let it slide because "it's dope for Lil Wayne". And I never like Big Scoob on any track, I feel he always dumbs it down.

I didn't say all or even most of the features were bad, just some. But there were still sooooooooo many features on that album, especially in comparison to Tech's older albums. I understand he now has the pull to work with all of these people, and why not take advantage of free verses from all of those people? But I just think he went overboard a little bit. If every single feature was on point (pretty much like Welcome to Strangeland), I wouldn't mind so much. If this new album is 17-18 songs not including skits, I think at least 12 solo tracks would be perfect. And those "solo" tracks can have other people singing the hooks, just no verses.

I agree with alot of what you said, especially the part about Big Scoob, Lil waynes verse was dope FOR LIL WAYNE But still annoying as fuck, Welcome To Strangeland to me was better then All 6s and 7s, for a couple reasons.

U can tell All 6s and 7s was toned down to suck up to the industry just a little bit this one time, He can do it. Tech just wants to show the world he can do what ever and still be the best at it.

And when Welcome to Strangeland came out, it was just because he can. He already proved not only to his fans, but to all the new fans who heard about him via All 6s and 7s or bad season, he had what it takes to be everbodies new rapper, In welcome to strangeland he introduced them to the tech n9ne we are all familiar with. Hes on a fuckin roll... However,

Kickin and Screamins gonna be a problem! lol

Snoop's was absolutely horrible, one of the worst rap verses I've ever heard. I thought E-40's verse was barely tolerable. I didn't like anybody's verse on Pookie, maybe because that was just a bad song. I thought Wayne's verse was super overrated and people let it slide because "it's dope for Lil Wayne". And I never like Big Scoob on any track, I feel he always dumbs it down.

I didn't say all or even most of the features were bad, just some. But there were still sooooooooo many features on that album, especially in comparison to Tech's older albums. I understand he now has the pull to work with all of these people, and why not take advantage of free verses from all of those people? But I just think he went overboard a little bit. If every single feature was on point (pretty much like Welcome to Strangeland), I wouldn't mind so much. If this new album is 17-18 songs not including skits, I think at least 12 solo tracks would be perfect. And those "solo" tracks can have other people singing the hooks, just no verses.

this besides the big scoob part i actually liked his verse on Love Me Tomorrow on of his best imo

Quote Originally Posted by Greg

I agree with alot of what you said, especially the part about Big Scoob, Lil waynes verse was dope FOR LIL WAYNE But still annoying as fuck, Welcome To Strangeland to me was better then All 6s and 7s, for a couple reasons.

U can tell All 6s and 7s was toned down to suck up to the industry just a little bit this one time, He can do it. Tech just wants to show the world he can do what ever and still be the best at it.

And when Welcome to Strangeland came out, it was just because he can. He already proved not only to his fans, but to all the new fans who heard about him via All 6s and 7s or bad season, he had what it takes to be everbodies new rapper, In welcome to strangeland he introduced them to the tech n9ne we are all familiar with. Hes on a fuckin roll... However,

Kickin and Screamins gonna be a problem! lol