Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MGK best opening act ever?

MGK best opening act ever?

The reason why I bring this question up is Tech in a recent interview said he was and said that he inspires him to step up his game more than any other artist. Personally I have a hard time believing Tech was being honest when he made that statement. Going into the Hostile takeover tour I was already not a mgk fan but I figured what the hell I will give it a shot. Honestley I came out dissliking him more than I did coming in. I'm all for energy on stage but I found his set to be extremely gimickey and actually annoying. I don't know about you but If someone has to take off there clothes lip sing to blink 182 and beat his head on a sylable than you are not a good performer. Not mention the fact that half through the show he started talking about how he did this tour because it was the independent grind that made him what he is today and then he played a song from a verison comericial lol. Honestley I don't see how anyone who considers themselves a true hip-hop fan can enjoy that shit and the fact that Yelawolf, Slaughterhouse, Murs, Andre Nickatina and E-40 asswell as several strange artist have all opened for Tech before I really doubt Tech's honesty. Outside of short dawg the native it was the worst opening act ive seen. Anywhase just something I had to get off my chest.

said honest and honestly way to much in that lol oh well

I agree I think MGK is sort of annoying and overrated. I could totally see that just by listening to some of his music. I don't buy he is that great of a performer either,for I don't like any of his songs. I'm pretty sure I'd rather see Kutt Calhoun on tour.

deffintley, you should go catch Kutt on his solo tour aswell!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason "Goliath" Cook

I agree I think MGK is sort of annoying and overrated. I could totally see that just by listening to some of his music. I don't buy he is that great of a performer either,for I don't like any of his songs. I'm pretty sure I'd rather see Kutt Calhoun on tour.

When has Yelawolf opened for Tech?

He's crazy live jumpin on the speakers and climbing up to the balcony he's great live but I think E-40 has been the best to open up for tech

Quote Originally Posted by Mark

deffintley, you should go catch Kutt on his solo tour aswell!

Last year in Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by Techn9cian4life

When has Yelawolf opened for Tech?

I'd rather see Kutt Calhoun on tour.

For sure Id rather see KUTT, and, I hope the CALLING MY NAME tour comes this way.

That being said I think MGK puts on a good show. Dude was climbin speakers, performing on the bar, ran up to the balcony, he has hella energy in his shoiw.

But no one cares what u think

i know that everyone has there own opinion but i think mgk is a great artist and i will contiune to follow his music and be a fan, but thats just my opinion