Thread: CISPA passes House goes to Senate

CISPA passes House goes to Senate

these were the links posted with the video to send a message to your representatives about rejected the billhttp://goo.gl/TqWN7I decided to post this just in case someone who wanted to know didn't see it and if someone made a thread about it that i didn't see then my bad

They better not take away TRTN! Are they going to control the way I wipe my ass next?

the bathroom is the last bastion of american freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Alex M

They better not take away TRTN! Are they going to control the way I wipe my ass next?

I know. The U.S. is becoming a third world totalitarian land! Oh wait, are those petitions on the original post? Thank god we still have the first amendments right to petition. And are you publicly saying you dont like this? I guess we still have the right of speech. Too bad people cant gather to protest this. People have!?! I guess were still clutching on to the right to assemble. If this was in the news people would have a fit. It has been in the news! We still have the freedom of press?

People piss me off when they act like the government is taking over every facet of their life. Look at the rights people have in other countries in comparison and shut the fuck up about how you dont have any rights and are under the governments thumb.

I completely agree with you on one point, which is that many people take for granted the freedoms and rights we exercise everyday as if the entire world's population enjoys them equally. Don't get me wrong here, I think you hit the nail on the head with that fact. However I don't agree with our government's attempts to further censor the internet and now even track and monitor our activity without a warrant. That's just ridiculous in my opinion and clearly in violation of our constitutional rights. It may only be a minor step in the wrong direction that eventually leads to an entire reconstruction through time of what America's belief system was founded on. I think it's only a positive move that each person become aware of the events rapidly swirling around them and not be oblivious or ignorant to the fact that, if left unchallenged, the very government they've entrusted will attempt to strip their freedoms away for it's own benefit in stealthy fashion if given the opportunity. Like I said towards the beginning, people do indeed need to more appreciate what they've been blessed with but in no shape or form will I ever support anything like these bills we continue to see that are filled with sneaky loopholes intended to corrupt this nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold

I know. The U.S. is becoming a third world totalitarian land! Oh wait, are those petitions on the original post? Thank god we still have the first amendments right to petition. And are you publicly saying you dont like this? I guess we still have the right of speech. Too bad people cant gather to protest this. People have!?! I guess were still clutching on to the right to assemble. If this was in the news people would have a fit. It has been in the news! We still have the freedom of press?

People piss me off when they act like the government is taking over every facet of their life. Look at the rights people have in other countries in comparison and shut the fuck up about how you dont have any rights and are under the governments thumb.

All you basically said was "we did every form of protest, and it still went through." I know it's this big American thing to have these 'rights' that are written on a piece of paper to keep you feeling warm inside, but what's the point if they're over looked? If you're the same Ice Cold I'm thinking of, you're a cop? or an ex-cop? Or something like that? So I can see why you don't want to believe in this whole right-stripping push by the U.S. gov, but, shit is real son. PIPA, SOPA, ACTA, CISPA, they're just gonna keep renaming shit till something goes through lol. It's like having your face driven in to the pavement by a beat cop, and then he says "you have the right to remain silent" and then you're like "oh thank god, I almost felt mistreated" shit don't work like that lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Cold

Yes Siikez, I am a cop. Thanks for remembering the one time I ever mentioned it on here. I will definitely concede that, due to my job and growing up in a military household, I am more trusting in the government and more willing to concede certain privacies. I do believe that the internet needs some control. It is a fertile construct for criminal and civil malfeasances. Is this a perfect bill, no. I do believe it is improved from its predecessors for the simple fact that it asks for voluntary compliance from the private sector. I also believe that this "voluntary compliance" may be tainted due to the prevention of civil suits being brought against the company if it complies. It falls just short of making them government agents. However, allowing private sectors to volunteer this information with strict rules may be an optimal solution.

Let me reiterate, I do believe that there needs to be some form of management for the internet. I believe that this bill has improved but I do not necessarily believe that it should be enacted. To be honest, my first rant was not really directed towards the bill. It was merely a reaction towards comments Ive read regarding the bill which compared the U.S. to third world countries and totalitarianism.