Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Horrorcore Name Sure To Blow

New Horrorcore Name Sure To Blow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zq0jFvGaG94

Hey guys, I'm trying to get my name out to knew ppeople. Give my song a few seconds, you won't be dissapointed! Also check out my soundcloud! soundcloud.com/clawz-bassic

Dude horrorcore is so late 90's early 2000's.... Give it a rest... A good producer is half of rapping/. soooo I would get on that. plus why did you put a white contact in your eye? like why? what does that do with helping you rap? flow is lazy, your subject matter is already used, and quite boring.... To be honest where were you going with this song, you're telling half written stories and flood it with medicore punchlines. pick a direction and run with it.
    Why not just rap dog?... put some bounce in your step and let it fly

I do what feels right. People took a liking to call it Horrorcore so I embraced it. As a musician, I make the music I want to make. No matter if the "scene" is dead. Who cares? Also, what does my contact have to do with any of this? How did Tech's red spike hair help his rapping? It didn't. It was just how he liked to look. Same goes for myself. If you didn't like the song then that's your opinion but to blindly stab at every part of seems a bit childish.

Another song.

I'm not gonna shit on your music. I'll just say it's not for me.

IMO horrorcore is a childish genre. You go ahead and do you man, but the contact thing right off that bat brings my mind to Hopsin CopyCat probably just like every other person on here whether it was your intention or not. I think you need to put less effort into having a genre and your appearance and just focus on writing quality music. Not some gay ass horrorcore shit, that's the most gimmicky of all genres you better have some fucking mad skill if you plan going remotely anywhere with horrorcore. I'd say Brotha Lynch took horricore as far as it could possibly ever get in the history of man-kind.

Keep doing you, but seriously think about what I said. Feedback is probably one of your most useful tools and if I'm going to take time out to respond you best not be getting butthurt, give it some good thought...

Quote Originally Posted by Clawz Bassic

I do what feels right. People took a liking to call it Horrorcore so I embraced it. As a musician, I make the music I want to make. No matter if the "scene" is dead. Who cares? Also, what does my contact have to do with any of this? How did Tech's red spike hair help his rapping? It didn't. It was just how he liked to look. Same goes for myself. If you didn't like the song then that's your opinion but to blindly stab at every part of seems a bit childish.

I'm not getting butthurt, I just didn't see anything but aggressive criticism coming from that guy. Constructive criticism would be good but whatever. I don't listen to horrorcore. I didn't even know what it was till people started calling my music horrorcore. So I've embraced the term simply so people have some semblance of an idea of what they're about to listen to. If you don't like horrorcore, then don't listen to my music. That's like hating metal and then telling KoRn how much their music sucks because you don't like metal. Makes no damn sense cause there was never a chance of you liking it.

Chief took the time to cypher exactly what I ment in really nice words.
    Make music dog, Don't be another Horrorcore rapper because it's to easy, and already extended it's stay for far to long... I look forward from different music when you reach that point in your life. Horrorcore is just nursery rhymes to describe how what everyone thinks about their boss

I don't doubt that you had never heard the TERM horrorcore, but I find it very hard to believe that you didn't listen to any of it before making your own music. The song is extremely generic.

Now, I am not trying to shit on you at all, I've got nothing but respect for anybody who posts their shit online for complete strangers to hear and comment on. That takes balls. I'll also say that your flow wasn't half bad, nor was the beat. However...

A lot of the rhymes were weak. "Sa-tan" and "small kid?" You KNOW you can do better than that.

The punchlines were kinda whatever; the Dahmer and Jeff Hanneman references weren't bad, but everything else was a bit boring.

I think the main issue is the presentation. It's already been said, but I'll point it out again; this has been done better. You are not convincing at all when you talk about how you're a killer, and how you chop people up in your basement, and the way you half-whisper makes it look as if you're really, really trying to be taken seriously. I would strongly suggest dropping that, because it just makes the song look silly. Look at Lynch, you can tell he's just having fun with it. There's a tongue in cheek quality that makes the way he does it charming. If a maniac in a hockey mask was bringing a chainsaw to my limbs, I'd be pretty fucking scared, but if he started rapping about "lovely bones" like that I would laugh my ass off before he got to sever anything!

What's really missing here is YOUR personality. I don't feel like I'm listening to an individual person when I hear this, I feel like I'm listening to a retread of a sound that has already peaked, and is now pretty boring.

Whether you decide to continue in this vain, or try to experiment a bit, trust - you can do better. It would be pretty bad ass if you posted another song a month from now and knocked all our socks off, but it's just not gonna happen with this formula. Keep at it, and don't be discouraged by negative feedback! That's the kind of shit that will make you a better rapper if you can take constructive criticism. Good luck, dude.

Welp, the thread name is spot on. This does blow.