Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech N9ne verse analysis for class

Tech N9ne verse analysis for class

In my music theory , we have to analyze a rap verse for rhyme patterns and rhythm. I'm obviously doing a Tech verse, but can't decide which one. I know my professor has never heard of Tech N9ne, so I want to impress him. Any suggestions???

I was considering doing either the first verse in Red Nose because it tells a lot about Tech's struggles and also has some slower flows and some quicker chopping flows. Or..I was gonna do the first verse in Why You Aint Call Me just because of the part where he says "if music was about innovatin and penetratin generations....." I think my professor would be impressed by that lyricism, but the flows arent as impressive and intricate in that.

I know I'm overthinking it, but I wanna leave an impression on my professor who does not know much about hip hop, and I think Tech will blow him away

you could go with several songs ... if you wanna do somethin deep go with "The Rain" "This is Me" or "Red Nose" ...."Need More Angels" would be a good one too .... no matter what tech song you choose you cant go wrong

"Need More Angels", "This Is Me"m and "The Rain" are perfect when it comes to lyrical content. I wanna impress him with some chopping too though, and those don't have that, which is how I settled on "Red Nose" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Whitton

you could go with several songs ... if you wanna do somethin deep go with "The Rain" "This is Me" or "Red Nose" ...."Need More Angels" would be a good one too .... no matter what tech song you choose you cant go wrong

this ring.

Another top choice..don't know if he'll be able to grasp the wordplay in the beginning...even I cant haha

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Haze

this ring.

Happy Ending, the ffirst verse

Red Nose is a great choice i think. Also Techs verse in WorldWide Choppers because of the lyricism as well as how much his flows switches.

hmmm true, what about Einstein or mental giant? analyze why he is what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by amerikilla9999

Another top choice..don't know if he'll be able to grasp the wordplay in the beginning...even I cant haha

this ring.

True. Last we had to show the a rap song of our choice and I showed mental giant. He was like that's gonna be a bitch to analyze rhythmically haha. So I was like true I'll pick another one..the was like =o!!! TECCA NINA BITCH

hmmm true, what about Einstein or mental giant? analyze why he is what he is.

Quote Originally Posted by amerikilla9999

this ring.