Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: It seems to me like Strange has stepped up promotion of their artists

  1. #1

    It seems to me like Strange has stepped up promotion of their artists

    Mayday got videos for Death March, Badlands, and now Landos Jam.Prozak got Million Miles Away, and Turn BackKali got Kill Shit, Mayday and Dixie Cup.Ces Cru got the Mixtape preview, and Ubis Larry David video as well as the Unfair video.Stevie Stone just put up Get Buck. My biggest complaint with Strange in the past has been lack of promotion of their artists. It seems like theyve been working on that. Each artist has been given like 3 videos to push their current albums. And its worked on me. Im hype as fuck for the new Kali album and the Ces Cru mixtapes. I like the steady stream of videos lately. I expect Lynchs new videos at some point.


  2. #2
    I'd say that kind of promotion is on the individual artists, not strange. But I agree the videos are good promotion and a good idea.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Cal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171


    Most of the artists are now doing things themselves. ¡Mayday! puts out music & videos constantly (on their own) like Wrek's frees and their remixes of songs. Prozak is shooting most of the videos himself I believe as is Kali, with his Kali Fridays or whatnot. And Ces Cru did the Larry David video solo as well. I'm guessing they just submit it to Strange After and they put it up. Because I talked to Wrek at a Meet N Greet and I mentioned how I liked how they put everything out so often and he said they basically just "pretend like they aren't signed to Strange." So they put stuff out to basically do their own extra promotion. Which is what they should do. I applaud them all.

  4. #4
    I applaud them as well

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    485


    Wrek meant that as in they stay hungry and never get complacent. Mayday operates that way.

    Quote Originally Posted by calripkenboy08

    Most of the artists are now doing things themselves. ¡Mayday! puts out music & videos constantly (on their own) like Wrek's frees and their remixes of songs. Prozak is shooting most of the videos himself I believe as is Kali, with his Kali Fridays or whatnot. And Ces Cru did the Larry David video solo as well. I'm guessing they just submit it to Strange After and they put it up. Because I talked to Wrek at a Meet N Greet and I mentioned how I liked how they put everything out so often and he said they basically just "pretend like they aren't signed to Strange." So they put stuff out to basically do their own extra promotion. Which is what they should do. I applaud them all.

  6. #6
    Senior Member AlexM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,567




    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Music
    I'd say that kind of promotion is on the individual artists, not strange. But I agree the videos are good promotion and a good idea.

  7. #7
    Senior Member a tie a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,666


    Prozak's video had no Strange involvement. He did those himself, and still have 5 more music videos to be released.

  8. #8
    Senior Member mattmeyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,438


    i think the artists are just starting to realize that they need to do some stuff on their own cuz strange can slack on the promo.


    cuz im pretty sure mayday did all those videos outside of strange, and the kali videos are just simple snippits that look likt hey were probably just made by kali and some buddies, but they serve their purpose well.


    and i agree, who ever is responsible, the promo seems better as of recent.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Cal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    171


    Yeah that's what I figured. I know they love to make music and shit as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by RL98

    Wrek meant that as in they stay hungry and never get complacent. Mayday operates that way.

    Quote Originally Posted by calripkenboy08

    Most of the artists are now doing things themselves. ¡Mayday! puts out music & videos constantly (on their own) like Wrek's frees and their remixes of songs. Prozak is shooting most of the videos himself I believe as is Kali, with his Kali Fridays or whatnot. And Ces Cru did the Larry David video solo as well. I'm guessing they just submit it to Strange After and they put it up. Because I talked to Wrek at a Meet N Greet and I mentioned how I liked how they put everything out so often and he said they basically just "pretend like they aren't signed to Strange." So they put stuff out to basically do their own extra promotion. Which is what they should do. I applaud them all.

Similar Threads

  1. Strange Artists' Non Strange Music Release Survivor Game
    By AndrewBlades in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-2012, 01:57 PM
  2. RANK YOUR STRANGE ARTISTS
    By RedNose003 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 08-27-2012, 06:19 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-25-2011, 07:55 PM
  4. Just doin some self promotion
    By Tyler Denbeigh in forum Rappers/ Singers/ Producers
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-08-2010, 06:12 AM
  5. New Strange Artists
    By H3adTr9p in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 12:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •