Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tech signed acts he didn't even like as "favors"?

Tech signed acts he didn't even like as "favors"?

http://allhiphop.com/2012/04/04/tech...ever-happened/

Tech N9ne: Yes, I would like to share this with AllHipHop. ¡<em>MAYDAY</em>!'s album just came out. On Twitter, Me To Your Leader </em>has been trending like a muthafu*ka. It's a beautiful album; I can't stop playing it. I'm not just saying this because they're on my label. Before, I've had some sh*t on my label that I wouldn't play for sh*t.

AllHipHop.com: Then why was it on your label?

Tech N9ne: Sometimes we do favors.

any thoughts on who he could be talking about? Killa C and Scatter 'n Snug are the only acts I ever thought were ridiculously weak compared to everyone else on the roster, but my opinion isn't Tech's so.... I was gonna say Critical Bill but I went back to look into them wiki said they were never actually "signed" but they would've been my guess. I could see Trav 'n Tech signing a band they didn't necessarily care for to help reach a new audience.

I could see this. It's really not to surprising.

So you tell fans to buy a album you don't even likefor a favor. That's fucked up

Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by jesse lewis
    So you tell fans to buy a album you don't even likefor a favor. That's fucked up

I guess the only surprising part to me is that Tech has shown over 'n over again that good music sells, I immediately think of the whole FTI stint w/ Absolute Power, fucking tripling album sales. But I also understand he's a business man, the only thing that shocks me is that he personally knows if you're good enough and get the right promotion, you can get your name heard, I just don't understand why he'd waste money on an act he didn't even like. I'm not trying to say if you're a good artist, you'll automatically sell, we know that's not true, plenty of dope rappers never get any kind of success. Ohh well, it's not like I'm gonna stop buying from Strange any time soon lol

LMAO!!!!! Troofbomb, TECH>>>>

lol and this is why i laugh at everyone who buys every Strange album simply because there is a snake and bat on the cover. So many people are like "well Tech thinks they're dope, so they must be sick". Apparently thats not actually the case.

Lol win. This is no doubt going to turn into another SwizZz/WhooKid/TechSaidFuckYouToKuttFansThatDon'tBuy situation.

But this needed to be said. Far too many stans afraid to have an opinion on a song/artists quality if, like Cole said, there's a Snake and Bat on the cover. As a tip for Stans who have just had their world shaken to the core: Start with critiquing Prozak and Scoob, try to find flaws, things you don't like, things that you feel could be different and/or improved. Work your way up the ladder and one day you'll be like the rest of us actual fans that can critique an artist we have a level of expectation for which is why we are fans in the first place. Good luck Stanleys, spread your wings :')

(?)

to tell you the truth at first i was like that didnt think strange could do wrong but now im just over the whole tech n9ne obsession and seeing these knew fans thinking everything every strange artist puts out is fire makes me sick
    Quote Originally Posted by Siikez

Lol win. This is no doubt going to turn into another SwizZz/WhooKid/TechSaidFuckYouToKuttFansThatDon'tBuy situation.

But this needed to be said. Far too many stans afraid to have an opinion on a song/artists quality if, like Cole said, there's a Snake and Bat on the cover. As a tip for Stans who have just had their world shaken to the core: Start with critiquing Prozak and Scoob, try to find flaws, things you don't like, things that you feel could be different and/or improved. Work your way up the ladder and one day you'll be like the rest of us actual fans that can critique an artist we have a level of expectation for which is why we are fans in the first place. Good luck Stanleys, spread your wings :')

(?)

This is kind of obvious strange has had some weak CDs in the past, but i think they're headed in the right direction now. Maydays a good fit and Krizz and Techs new albums sound promising. oh and ces cru. no comment on prozak yet, though he does have a fan base.