Thread: Ins and outs of getting your message heard?

Ins and outs of getting your message heard?

I know very little about the music industry to start. I'm just trying to figure out how you do get your message out there.
    My husband who's message is trying to be heard is constantly working for the family, and is not very computer savy.
    I have nothing better to do than try to see what I can do to help him, while in the last stretch of our third and finial pregnancy.
    I really appreciate any help, I'm a math wiz if that helps with any aspect. Thanks for your time.

if he's not computer savvy I would just tell him to quit and give up.

How is this in the least bit helpful? It's about as useful as theis so called artist today who have no real message

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyGinger

if he's not computer savvy I would just tell him to quit and give up.

If you are bad with computers you have to go get involved in the local music scene and win contests. Anyone else online will destroy your promotion skills

Thank you this is more helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Kettler

If you are bad with computers you have to go get involved in the local music scene and win contests. Anyone else online will destroy your promotion skills

He has been able to get two videos on YouTube, just photo slides for the video, but out side of that he's lost on what else to do. He has a guy to help him with recording but their is different from one another.
    He use to be a part of medulla when it was delawares pride for juggalos. But with that family line water Is thicker than blood

Quote Originally Posted by Jen
    Thank you this is more helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Kettler

This interview with Dave Weiner would be a great listen. This guy has been approached by just about everybody and has more than a thing or two to say about getting noticed. Coming from the guy that you're trying to get noticed by, it's got a lot of gems.

http://blog.strangemusicinc.com/2012...ruary-28-2012/

id say make a mixtape of his recordings ,pay to get it mixed and mastered properly and make a bunch of copies with a nice lil cover and tell him to go to the nightclub parking lot on the weekends and leave a copy on every single car he sees parked, then tell him to make a couple of nice displays for his mixtape and ask the local mom and pop hiphop record stores if he can put his display somewhere and give them away for free,whose gonna turn down free shit anyway?