Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30

Thread: Klusterfuk Theory...

  1. #1
    Senior Member ₡₱♛'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,216

    Klusterfuk Theory...

    I felt like this required it's own thread, so sorry if it's annoying. I think that the MUSIC in Klusterfuk was great, and enjoyed it alot. But my overall thoughts of the EP are hampered by the excessive amount of talking throughout it.



    4 out of the 6 songs have talking spots on them. There is a total of 3:37 of talking parts on this EP. That equals an entire song, or more likely for an EP another few verses. I think this is a big sign that this EP was rushed, or even somewhat incomplete. Compare it to This Is Hop-Hip from A6&7s. Tech didn't put it on the album because Pharoahe Monch was unable to get his verse on it for whatever reason. So what'd they do? Instead of trashing a good song that already had a verse from Lynch on it, they filled that empty spot with Tech talking.



    I feel maybe Tech knew he only had so much time to finish this thing before he would have had to delay it again, so instead he decided to do it in 4 days and throw in some filler bits to complete tracks that either had a missing feature (ex. Citizen Cope) or he just didn't have time to write another verse or something. I'm not saying that in a hating manner, I just think that may have been the case.



    Thoughts? Feel free to throw up a TLR.


  2. #2
    Senior Member DirtyGinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    755
    I feel you on the too much talking. I skip the girl talking on Blur & the retarded thing before DKNY.

  3. #3
    Senior Member a tie a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    3,666


    reasonable theory v_v

  4. #4
    Guest


    Considering this is the first and only Strange Music EP to contain six full songs I honestly didn't mind the commentary throughout Klusterfuk. The Lost Scripts Of K.O.D., Seepage, S.I.C., Red-Headed Stepchild, and No Filter all had five songs max with an extra filler track being either the intro or interlude. Would I have rather heard additional verses instead? Well obviously, but that's a given. Seepage still remains my favorite of Tech N9ne's EPs but I feel this was a worthy addition to his catalogue. Personally I enjoyed each song and even dug some of the storytelling segments, especially on Awkward lol. I've seen that a few people are upset over his new of delivery or ¡MAYDAY!'s production on the instrumentals but in contrast I actually thought it was a refreshing change. I love the ics as much as the next fan but it's always nice to hear some completely different material, especially when it was performed in such a way as Klusterfuk (EP).

  5. #5
    Senior Member ₡₱♛'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,216


    I've got no problem with Tech's or ¡Mayday!'s production, I thought both were top notch. I just don't understand the excessive talking bits on the EP. ESPECIALLY the part on Awkward. Tech's laughing hysterically but I'm just like uhm, huh. The only "awkward" thing about it is the awkward moment when I try to explain to my friends wtf he was rambling about mid-song.

    Quote Originally Posted by BottledMindFrame

    Considering this is the first and only Strange Music EP to contain six full songs I honestly didn't mind the commentary throughout Klusterfuk. The Lost Scripts Of K.O.D., Seepage, S.I.C., Red-Headed Stepchild, and No Filter all had five songs max with an extra filler track being either the intro or interlude. Would I have rather heard additional verses instead? Well obviously, but that's a given. Seepage still remains my favorite of Tech N9ne's EPs but I feel this was a worthy addition to his catalogue. Personally I enjoyed each song and even dug some of the storytelling segments, especially on Awkward lol. I've seen that a few people are upset over his new of delivery or ¡MAYDAY!'s production on the instrumentals but in contrast I actually thought it was a refreshing change. I love the ics as much as the next fan but it's always nice to hear some completely different material, especially when it was performed in such a way as Klusterfuk (EP).

  6. #6


    It doesn't really bother me much, but I will admit I'd rather have had more verses on each song that had a talking part. Of course, I'd honestly prefer that any album, whether it be Strange or not, have no skits or shit like that. I think filler's are stupid, though some of them are funny. Akward's talking part was great though, just saying

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Senior Member ₡₱♛'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    11,216


    LOL OH SHIT DOES TROLLS GONNA TROLL DOE. YOU DONE GOT ME GOOD RIGHT DER DOE

    Quote Originally Posted by weed_burglar






  9. #9
    Guest


    I completely understand how that could end up an awkward moment of your own lol, in my opinion that entire story can be interpreted in a few different ways. I wasn't directing that at you by any means, I briefly browsed the ratings/comments on iTunes and witnessed many that stated such opinions to an extent.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cole

    I've got no problem with Tech's or ¡Mayday!'s production, I thought both were top notch. I just don't understand the excessive talking bits on the EP. ESPECIALLY the part on Awkward. Tech's laughing hysterically but I'm just like uhm, huh. The only "awkward" thing about it is the awkward moment when I try to explain to my friends wtf he was rambling about mid-song.

    Quote Originally Posted by BottledMindFrame

    Considering this is the first and only Strange Music EP to contain six full songs I honestly didn't mind the commentary throughout Klusterfuk. The Lost Scripts Of K.O.D., Seepage, S.I.C., Red-Headed Stepchild, and No Filter all had five songs max with an extra filler track being either the intro or interlude. Would I have rather heard additional verses instead? Well obviously, but that's a given. Seepage still remains my favorite of Tech N9ne's EPs but I feel this was a worthy addition to his catalogue. Personally I enjoyed each song and even dug some of the storytelling segments, especially on Awkward lol. I've seen that a few people are upset over his new of delivery or ¡MAYDAY!'s production on the instrumentals but in contrast I actually thought it was a refreshing change. I love the ics as much as the next fan but it's always nice to hear some completely different material, especially when it was performed in such a way as Klusterfuk (EP).

  10. #10




    Quote Originally Posted by Cole

    LOL OH SHIT DOES TROLLS GONNA TROLL DOE. YOU DONE GOT ME GOOD RIGHT DER DOE

    Quote Originally Posted by weed_burglar






Similar Threads

  1. Conspiracy Theory Song
    By Fer in forum Post your Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-04-2014, 02:13 AM
  2. "MLK 2: DREAM COLLABOS" TRACKLIST AND THEORY
    By explicit_evilz in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 05-12-2012, 11:00 PM
  3. I pose a theory on progeria
    By RyanLake in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 01:52 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-04-2009, 08:45 PM
  5. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-02-2009, 08:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •