Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kendrick Lamar & Black Hippy sign to Aftermath/Interscope

Kendrick Lamar & Black Hippy sign to Aftermath/Interscope

I read that Everyone from Black Hippy will be releasing everything through TDE and Interscope. Does these mean no more Jay Rock on Strange?

That's exactly what I was wondering as well. It said that all their albums from here on out are released through Aftermath/ Interscope. I'm sure we'll hear about it soon, and maybe Trav will clear things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex M

I read that Everyone from Black Hippy will be releasing everything through TDE and Interscope. Does these mean no more Jay Rock on Strange?

Damn, I just read this over on hip hop and came to check for the post. Congrats to them all though, In the big leagues now. Can't wait to hear who they get on their tracks now with a few more connections.

I was wondering too if this means Jay Rock is no longer on Strange.

Man I hope jay rock stays with strange, but big ups black hippy!

Wondered why it took so long for them to finally close the deal with Kendrick. And as far as the Black Hippy thing, you can be signed to one label as a solo artist and signed to another label as a group. So there shouldn't be any issue with Jay Rock on Strange and Black Hippy on Aftermath

I was wondering when someone was going to logically think this one through.

Quote Originally Posted by Cole

Wondered why it took so long for them to finally close the deal with Kendrick. And as far as the Black Hippy thing, you can be signed to one label as a solo artist and signed to another label as a group. So there shouldn't be any issue with Jay Rock on Strange and Black Hippy on Aftermath

I figured that too. It just threw me off when the article says "All future releases by Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, and Jay Rock will be released throw TDE and Interscope." I don't know if they meant the whole group as Black Hippy, or just each individual artist will be putting an album out on the label. Either way, with this connection, I think good things are gonna come to Strange as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Turner

I figured that too. It just threw me off when the article says "All future releases by Schoolboy Q, Ab-Soul, and Jay Rock will be released throw TDE and Interscope." I don't know if they meant the whole group as Black Hippy, or just each individual artist will be putting an album out on the label. Either way, with this connection, I think good things are gonna come to Strange as well.