Thread: thoughts on WZRD

thoughts on WZRD

WZRD - Kid Cudi & Dot Da Genius - came out on Tuesday the 28th, what do you guys think of it?

Absolute shit. Cudi can't sing, so I don't know why he would make an album doing nothing but singing.

Anything after MOTM: The End of Day is pretty much garbage. I was a huge Cudi fan back when he was puttin out his mixtapes, and MOTM 1 is still one of my favorite albums to this day. BUT MOTM 2 was a HUGE let down, and I don't see this new album being any better.

craaaaaap ! .......big disappointment

it's clearly not supposed to be a rap album, it's definitely been produced and promoted as an alternative/experimental rock album so obviously he's going to be singing... For this reason it's very different from his previous work, but after I gave it a couple listens I really enjoyed it. His voice is unique, and I think the music on this album compliments it well. For anyone who hasn't heard it yet though, you have to listen to it not expecting MOTM or MOTM2, it's a completely different type of album.

Quote Originally Posted by James Franco

Absolute shit. Cudi can't sing, so I don't know why he would make an album doing nothing but singing.

it was terrible the whole rock thing, im not feeling it, I can't wait for MOTM 3 i know it will be better than this

I liked it but it has a lot of flaws. First off, Cudi cant play guitar for shit. And I think Cudi sounds good when he sings, but by itself its kind of bland. His singing sounds a lot better when paired together with his rapping.

I totally understood that it was going to be a rock album, I just don't understand why he would choose to do such an album when he doesn't have a particularly good voice.

Quote Originally Posted by PrimeMinister

it's clearly not supposed to be a rap album, it's definitely been produced and promoted as an alternative/experimental rock album so obviously he's going to be singing... For this reason it's very different from his previous work, but after I gave it a couple listens I really enjoyed it. His voice is unique, and I think the music on this album compliments it well. For anyone who hasn't heard it yet though, you have to listen to it not expecting MOTM or MOTM2, it's a completely different type of album.

Quote Originally Posted by James Franco

Unfortunately, we're gonna have to wait until 2014. He said the next album he's putting out is another WZRD album and then he'll put out MOTM 3 in 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth

it was terrible the whole rock thing, im not feeling it, I can't wait for MOTM 3 i know it will be better than this