Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hopsin Makes 2012 XXL Freshman List!

Hopsin Makes 2012 XXL Freshman List!

Dooooooope. MGK and Macklemore made it too. Besides them, no idea who the other people are. Sucks that XV and Schoolboy Q didnt make it though.

Well its good to see Hop get some exposure from xxl.

Saw Hopsin, FV, etc. post this! Really dope to see, glad he made it, but everyone else is fuckin' goon-star as far as I'm concerned, agreed that XV 'n Q shoulda made the list

lolol called it

Congrats to hopsin

I've heard Roscoe & French (both so so) featured on other peoples tracks and read about Iggy on a previous XXL issue. I usually hold out my judgement on XXL Freshman picks until the next calendar year. On average at least 5 or 6 people out of each of pan out okay..

hahaha that's funny, has Tyler said anything yet? I'm sure people have tweeted him 'n shit about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cole

lolol called it

i like kid ink. not really sure why though haha im just kinda curious to see what his does from here on out, but back to the topic at hand, yea this is awesome for Hop and he's hands down the first person you'd notice on the cover. like his pose and shit if you had no clue who anyone on here was.

Tyler tweeted today that the list is bad luck and he'd never be on it. Chip Tha Ripper said the list and XXL are a joke but he's just bitter. That list does wonders for rappers because it's basically a free ride to mainstream exposure at the bare minimum. I always look forward to the list and usually only like maybe half of the list but it's still cool to see. Super happy Hopsin made it. Also good to see MGK on there! Schoolboy Q shoulda been on it but I guess they didn't want to have 3 years in a row with a TDE artist hahah (Kendrick last year, jay rock the year before)

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Weis

hahaha that's funny, has Tyler said anything yet? I'm sure people have tweeted him 'n shit about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cole

lolol called it

I listened to one Macklemore song and it was dope but I haven't listened since so Ill have to check him out some more.