Thread: My Article on Strange is in school newspaper :)

My Article on Strange is in school newspaper :)

Tech N9ne: Strange Music
    Aaron Dontez Yates also known as rapper/artist Tech N9ne named based on his quick and rapid flow was born on November 8th, 1971 in Kansas City, Missouri. He began rapping the letters to his name at a very young age so that he may remember how to spell it. In high school during lunch he would make beats for other emcees by beatboxing or by beating on his chest and/or table near him. On the day of his graduation he had found out that he had won the contest he had entered in. Only problem was that he had to attend the same day to open for EPMD and Gaume. He chose the show instead of graduating on stage. Tech N9ne had been signed and dropped from 3 Major Labels. Those labels were Perspective Records, Qwest Records, and JCOR Records. After being dropped fromall 3 Labels he had ideas of starting up his own Independent Label. His ideas became a reality with the help of Travis O'Guin Founder of Strange Music the now #1 Independent Label in the world. The Labels name Strange Music was inspired by The Doors very own Jim Morrison with the song "People Are Strange".You'd understand why once you hear Tech N9ne and other Label mates' kind of music. Those label mates include Krizz Kaliko, Kutt Calhoun, Big Scoob,Stevie Stone, Prozak, Ces Cru, MAYDAY, Brotha Lynch Hung and Jay Rock.
    Discography
    -Studio albumsThe Calm Before the Storm (1999)The Worst (2000)Anghellic (2001)Absolute Power (2002)Celcius (2003)Everready (The Religion) (2006)Misery Loves Kompany (2007)Killer (2008)Sickology 101 (2009)K.O.D. (2009)The Gates Mixed Plate (2010)All 6's and 7's (2011)Welcome to Strangeland (2011)
    -Extended playsThe Lost Scripts of K.O.D. (2010)Seepage (2010)KLUSTERFUK (2012)
    -MixtapesBad Season (with DJ Whoo Kid and DJ Scream) (2010)
    ^Wikipedia.org^

Only thing i feel like thats missing is his massive tour schedule...... Tech tours over 200 days a year, which is what has lead to him being on the number 1 independent label in the world. Touring is his bread and butter. While most other artists do 20-40 shows a year (if that), tech's individual tours run longer than 40 shows, and he does 2 national tours a year, on top of his international shows.

Tech n9ne= the complete technique of rhyme

I wouldn't necessarily call that an article, more like a bunch of facts thrown together. Either way, congratulations on getting it in the paper. If you're new to writing, keep it up.

Lol congrats at copying and pasting oh so impressive lol

it's an article on Tech not on Strange

Quote Originally Posted by World Famous Dirty 530

it's an article on Tech not on Strange

Ay shush x) haha jk I didn't copy and paste at all

Trust.

Quote Originally Posted by alex wojcik
    Lol congrats at copying and pasting oh so impressive lol

Isn't an article a bunch of facts about one person?

Cause if it wasn't my teacher would have told me it

Wasn't right and have me start all over :/

Quote Originally Posted by RL98

I wouldn't necessarily call that an article, more like a bunch of facts thrown together. Either way, congratulations on getting it in the paper. If you're new to writing, keep it up.

Agreed :/ wish I would thought of this before

So that I could've included it into my article

Quote Originally Posted by Josh C

Only thing i feel like thats missing is his massive tour schedule...... Tech tours over 200 days a year, which is what has lead to him being on the number 1 independent label in the world. Touring is his bread and butter. While most other artists do 20-40 shows a year (if that), tech's individual tours run longer than 40 shows, and he does 2 national tours a year, on top of his international shows.