Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Opinion: Should Strange look in to signing DMX?

Opinion: Should Strange look in to signing DMX?

DMX with Strange Music would be crazy;; shit if only..honestly tho DMX touring n shit with Tech would keep his ass out of trouble..thats why i'd want him to sign n plus he's one of the realist dudes in the game..a lot of people forgot about his lyrics n him because of the mainstream bs making him look bad af but him signing would get him noticed again..Strange would be complete maybe toss in Hopsin n dwamn! FTI type shit DMX-Strange.Music!! What do you think?

DMX>Mystikal..
    I highly doubt it will happen..but I think DMX would fit with SM...he's always been an odd ball..

that would be a dream come true...dmx along with tupac was my favorites long before i heard about tech. To me dmx is one of the deepest lyricist ever. in my opinion even tech cant match how simple but yet touching his lyrics are. X has been through hell he would be a perfect match with strange music. I think that would be the best move since the label started he is alot better than half of strange to me

plus everyone knows who dmx is that would bring alot of good publicity to SM

Good idea in theory. However, in the interview that was posted (the one where he talks about Drake and Rick Ross), he mentions that he doesn't care about what the label is as long as he gets good promotion. I don't see good promotion coming from Strange Music, even if it is for DMX. They have a hard time promoting artists that aren't Tech N9ne.

In that interview he said 40-50,000 in sales for his new album would be disappointing so I highly doubt he'd sign with Strange...

Quote Originally Posted by Strychnine

Good idea in theory. However, in the interview that was posted (the one where he talks about Drake and Rick Ross), he mentions that he doesn't care about what the label is as long as he gets good promotion. I don't see good promotion coming from Strange Music, even if it is for DMX. They have a hard time promoting artists that aren't Tech N9ne.

Two good points. I think DMX is used to companies with a lot of money to throw around, and it doesn't seem like Strange is what he's had in the past. Great label, but we all know the promotion and budget isn't probably up to DMX's expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas City King

In that interview he said 40-50,000 in sales for his new album would be disappointing so I highly doubt he'd sign with Strange...

Quote Originally Posted by Strychnine

DMX IS THE GREATEST BUT IF HE HAPPENS TO SIGN WITH STRANGE FANS WON'T AGREE WITH THAT CAUSE I KNOW TO MANY TECH HATERS OUT THERE, BUT X GOT HIS OWN LABEL

DMX is too much of a liability and a publicity nightmare waiting to happen. He can't be trusted from a business standpoint due to his shaky past.

Remember when Travis mentioned how they had "multi-platinum artists approach them". I have a feeling it could of been DMX. They arent signing any one else for a while. Ces Cru was their last signing for a long time... I hope. Tech toured with DMX in 2005 for a while on the Walk These Dogs Tour, so X definitely knows of Tech/Strange Music. As much as Id like it to happen, cauase X has been one of my favorite rappers before I even heard Tech. But its probably not going to happen.