Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XBox=Greedy

XBox=Greedy

So I've had a PS3 since launch and bought the kids a Wii a few years back but this year for Christmas I got them an XBox with Kinect. As far as the system goes it's nice and they love the Kinect games. It came with a free month of XBox live but yesterday I get an email saying the subscription was about to run out. No big deal I thought because I won't let my kids play online games due to all of the idiots out there. As I kept reading I saw that I have to continue the subscription in order for them to be able to continue watching Netflix on the system. This is a joke. I already pay for Netflix as well as my internet but now I'm expected to pay XBox to watch a movie service I already pay for? That is the epitome of greed. PS3 nor Wii requires this. I think this is outrageous. It's not the money amount because that is a relatively small fee. It is strictly the principle of it all. I don't see how this is legal. Seems like it would violate some sort of law or something.

You should be fine using silver man. I don't see why you would need gold. Prob just a misunderstanding. You need live but silver is free

Never mind i looked it up and you're right. That's a little fucked

...make another account you can usually get like 3 free 1 months

Thanks for taking the time to double check that for me, I appreciate it. Yeah, I think it's ridiculous that they do that but I guess anything to make an extra buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Kettler

Yeah it's every corporation on the planet really. It's the fault of legal discrepancies and brainless consumers

Quote Originally Posted by Kentucky Boi

Thanks for taking the time to double check that for me, I appreciate it. Yeah, I think it's ridiculous that they do that but I guess anything to make an extra buck.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Kettler

I hate how you need xbox live gold to do anything. You need it for cloud, hulu plus, netflix, and im sure just about every other app. If you already pay for the companies service you should not have to pay xbox live on top of that

It's Microsoft in general, not just Xbox. If I knew xbox live cost as much as it does, I would of asked my parents for a PS3 instead of a 360 years ago. My subscription to live runs out in March I think, and I probably wont be renewing it considering the only game I play online is COD and I rarely play it now a days. If you didnt already have a Wii and PS3 I would suggest looking in to a thing called Roku. Its a device you can hook up to your TV and it streams netflix, facebook, hulu, and youtube on. My girlfriend got it for christmas from her grandmother cause her parents had to cut back on bills, so they shut off their cable, but they can afford $8 a month for Netflix.

^^^ interesting

Meh, doesnt bother me. Buying a year of Live comes out to like $5 a month. The only reason MS gets away with it is cuz Live is superior/more reliable to PSN and Wii's online. And why is that such a big deal to you? You have a PS3 and a Wii, which both support Netflix. Just watch it on there.

Ain't gotta worry about live getting hacked and going out for weeks lol