Thread: Crooked I-YODO

Crooked I-YODO

Thoughts?

I'm a huge Crooked I fan and I know there's some Crooked I fans on here as well. I really like the beat, the subject matter ain't bad either. I just don't really like the fact that it's titled YODO. Just sounds stupid.

Why he yellin?
    Crooked I one of my faves ever since he signed I havn't been much impressed.I

Crooked I is in the same category as Canibus, Chino XL and about a hundred other lyrical miracle rappers out there, I can dig him on cameos sometimes but he has never made a solo song I cared about, he just has no charisma or its just rappity rapping over and over.......... At least on this one he tried to sound a lil different, give him props for the effort at least but its still pretty boring.

huh.. listen to his album Say Hi To The Bad Guy if you havent.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert sanchez

Crooked I is in the same category as Canibus, Chino XL and about a hundred other lyrical miracle rappers out there, I can dig him on cameos sometimes but he has never made a solo song I cared about, he just has no charisma or its just rappity rapping over and over.......... At least on this one he tried to sound a lil different, give him props for the effort at least but its still pretty boring.

Shit is wack.. he does go harder on features... i was gonna get album glad i heard this first.. dont think im gonna get it now.. Thx

i don't know what "lyrical miracle" rappers are. If you think Chino XL can make a song, you haven't listened to Can Be, Mama Told Me, Wordsmith, the list goes on and on.

That said I haven't heard enough from Crooked I's solo stuff to make judgement on his album yet, but this track is coo'

at least buy the tech feature off iTunes or something you know that will be good

Quote Originally Posted by Las Vegas Hustle

Shit is wack.. he does go harder on features... i was gonna get album glad i heard this first.. dont think im gonna get it now.. Thx

I have heard a decent amount of his material and I stand by my statement, he sounds the same on every song and cant do a hook to save his life......... Its lyrics lyrics lyrics and thats about it, like a basketball player that can shoot 3's all day but cant do shit in the paint or play defense, one dimensional as hell, I guess that sounds disrespectful but its just my honest opinion, I like my music to sound good not just be good on paper........ And his production always sucks to but I guess thats not really his fault lol
    Quote Originally Posted by a tie a

i don't know what "lyrical miracle" rappers are. If you think Chino XL can make a song, you haven't listened to Can Be, Mama Told Me, Wordsmith, the list goes on and on.

That said I haven't heard enough from Crooked I's solo stuff to make judgement on his album yet, but this track is coo'