Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NBA!

NBA!

The NBA season begins in just a few days so who's your team and who's your Finals picks?

I'm a Nuggets fan I think we can suprise some teams this season with our depth and such young players.

Nuggets...i just miss Basketball all in all hella hyped!

Bulls vs. Grizzlies Finals I think the Memphis Grizzlies might be the sleeper to win it all..Lakers/Spurs not as good as they used to be..Rudy Gay is healthy again..the only reason to OKC beat them last year in 7 games. Other then Durant,Westbrook,Harden they don't have anybody really and can't handle Memphis frountcourt in Randolph/Gasol. Celtics/Magic are falling off as well..I think the Knicks could be better then the Celtics this year. Celtics have no center still, and knicks adding Tyson Chandler is huge.

Eastern conference finals

Bulls vs. Knicks

Western conference finals

Thunder vs. Grizzlies

Clippers will be in it but they missed the playoffs last year and despite adding Chris Paul they gave up a lot in Eric Gordan. We'll have to see how Chauncey Billups playing shooting guard would work. I expect them to possibly have homecourt in the 1st round of the playoffs at the very least.

Nuggets going to turn some heads! lol

I just don't see the Grizzlies in the Finals. I would put OKC, Dallas, Clippers, Lakers (Still think they can contend as long as the have Kobe/Gasol/and a HEALTHY Bynum but losing LO was huge), and I would have to put Denver in the same category as Memphis as being able to surprise some teams in the post-season.

As for the East I like the Knicks and Bulls. I gotta say the Heat will be top contenders even though I'm not a fan. I think the Celtics are just getting to old and beat up to be considered. And I think the 76ers and Pacers may be surprise teams.

I can if they stay healthy it went down to 7 games with okc last year. Memphis made a big step last postseason beating the spurs in the 1st round and going to seven with okc. OKC hasn't added much from last year. I think if Rudy Gay is healthy OKC he can answer Durant. Also OKC frountcourt can't handle Randolph/Gasol.

Also for Dallas won't be able to repeat without Chandler in my opinion. Lakers/Spurs are starting to age both of them need to make a move to stay contenders.

Nuggets to me are good team but in the West out in the 1st round. They do have depth but no star power. I think Memphis has a little bit more going then Denver. Its not a bad as Lebron leaving Cleveland, but Denver can't be really thinking of competing for a championship after Melo leaves it will take some time.

My 76ers should improve key players to me for them being Jrue Holiday, and Evan Turner. The question is how much I would expect the 76ers to improve a little bit possibly getting to the 2nd round.

The thing bout the Heat they still haven't addresses there problems no center, no point guard. Heat are a very raw after adding those big three. Bulls adding Richard Hamilton and year more experience for Rose could be the difference in Chicago going to the finals. I'm sticking to it Bulls/Grizzlies finals.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron

I just don't see the Grizzlies in the Finals. I would put OKC, Dallas, Clippers, Lakers (Still think they can contend as long as the have Kobe/Gasol/and a HEALTHY Bynum but losing LO was huge), and I would have to put Denver in the same category as Memphis as being able to surprise some teams in the post-season.

As for the East I like the Knicks and Bulls. I gotta say the Heat will be top contenders even though I'm not a fan. I think the Celtics are just getting to old and beat up to be considered. And I think the 76ers and Pacers may be surprise teams.

To me, I think it's a good thing that Denver doesn't have a "star" just because that on any given night you don't know who could go off. They have many people capable of putting up big numbers, Ty Lawson, Danilo, Al Harrington, Nene, Afflalo...I think it works to our advantage because teams can't really focus on shutting down one player because someone else will step up. Also I'm glad Melo is gone, I liked him but he didn't play NO defense and we got a lot of young talent back in return. I think Denver won that trade, just wish we didn't lose Billups. I'm not gonna lie the Grizzlies surprised me last year (but so did the Spurs being the No. 1 seed) but I just don't see them going deep in the playoffs. But, I could be wrong. I would love to see a Knicks/Nuggets final and see Melo losing the last game of the series in Denver and watching them celebrate without him. That would be great! Lol.

Go Magic.

If Dwight Howard decides to stay we might have a chance this year.

I think he's going to the Nets. If that happens I think they will make the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimm Gutter
    Go Magic.

If Dwight Howard decides to stay we might have a chance this year.

If Monta and Steph stay beasting, Dorrel leads the league in 3's again, Lee plays like his all-star year, Biedrins plays like 07, and Klay and Udoh step up...........Warriors might sneak in