Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VIDEO: Drake Feat Lil Wayne & Tyga "The Motto"

VIDEO: Drake Feat Lil Wayne & Tyga "The Motto"

r.i.p mac dre

Quote Originally Posted by MAtt Robles

r.i.p mac dre

Being from the bay, I've got mixed feelings about this song/video. My first reaction was damn thats sick that 3 of the biggest names in music are giving a lot of respect to the bay area and Mac Dre. And its cool that they got a solid amount of bay rappers in the video. And the beat/ of the song is very bay area sounding. So on those 3 parts, good job. But some things are just weird about this whole thing. Why are they even making a song dedicated to the bay and Dre now? Dre's been dead for 7 years, everyone did their tribute songs in 2007 at the latest. Also, I doubt these 3 guys even listened to him back when he was alive and knew when he died. While its still cool that they showed some of the bay culture, the hyphy movement has been dead for like 4 years, so its odd to release this now. The song overall is not good, but I was expecting that. But over every thing else, the number 1 thing that I dont understand is TYGA WEARING A FUCKING DODGERS JERSEY lol. Like seriously, youre shooting a video about a song dedicated to Mac Dre and filming in the Bay, and you wear the rival jersey? Thats just retarded.

I have no idea about any of the stuff you said regarding the bay and what not lol, but I presume it could be a respect thing? Like, I may be wearing rival gear, but I'm here to dedicate this song to you. Idk, I don't see it as a insult or anything, maybe that's just my foreigner mind but I see it as a respect thing :S

Quote Originally Posted by Cole

Being from the bay, I've got mixed feelings about this song/video. My first reaction was damn thats sick that 3 of the biggest names in music are giving a lot of respect to the bay area and Mac Dre. And its cool that they got a solid amount of bay rappers in the video. And the beat/ of the song is very bay area sounding. So on those 3 parts, good job. But some things are just weird about this whole thing. Why are they even making a song dedicated to the bay and Dre now? Dre's been dead for 7 years, everyone did their tribute songs in 2007 at the latest. Also, I doubt these 3 guys even listened to him back when he was alive and knew when he died. While its still cool that they showed some of the bay culture, the hyphy movement has been dead for like 4 years, so its odd to release this now. The song overall is not good, but I was expecting that. But over every thing else, the number 1 thing that I dont understand is TYGA WEARING A FUCKING DODGERS JERSEY lol. Like seriously, youre shooting a video about a song dedicated to Mac Dre and filming in the Bay, and you wear the rival jersey? Thats just retarded.

Agreed with everything. I'm just kind of confused on the whole concept. I love the fact that they are givin some love to Dre, but...

1. No footage of Vallejo

2. Only F.A.B and 40 for bay dudes in the clip (Tyga mentions meeting 4-Tay but he's nowhere to be seen, where's the rest of Thizz nation, Yukmouth, shit even Da Unda Dogg and Playa Jay Tee should been on this)

3. The title The Motto (Motto for what?) Doesn't make any fucking sense with what the title is and what they're spittin about, which was just more of that lame ass Twitter rap bullshit (especially Tyga's verse) that these Young Money guys keep shovin out there, which brings me to ..

4. Lil Wayne's verse....seriously what the fuck was that shit??

"Money talks...and Mr Ed"

"skeet skeet skeet...#water gun/ oh my god Becky look at her butt?"

For fuck sakes Wayne actually rap about a topic for once, still smh at Greatest Rapper Alive

The new Mac Mall/Khayree cd cannot drop soon enough!

FUCK YOUNG MONEY!!!! all their shit sux

I dont expect you to understand lol. The song is a respect thing, yes. I'm sure Tyga wore it just to get people talking about the video, because a lot of bay area rap forums are talking about how dumb he is for wearing that jersey. The same thing would happen if in the future someone did a tribute song for Jay-Z while wearing a Red Sox jersey. Im not saying it was done as an insult, it's just not necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Siikez

I have no idea about any of the stuff you said regarding the bay and what not lol, but I presume it could be a respect thing? Like, I may be wearing rival gear, but I'm here to dedicate this song to you. Idk, I don't see it as a insult or anything, maybe that's just my foreigner mind but I see it as a respect thing :S

Garbage compared to the Dre. Did Young Money just hear their first Mac Dre album?

I also agree with everything you said. The only reason I see for Tyga to be wearing the jersey is because he's from L.A. He's just representing where he's from or whatever. Still tho I get what your saying. He coulda wore anything else but that shit.