Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on T-Pain's "Revolver"?

Thoughts on T-Pain's "Revolver"?

T-Pain's album "Revolver" finally came out yesterday. After his mixtape "Prevolver", which was full of dope production from YungFyre and surprisingly good rhymes from T-Pain, I was kinda pumped for this album. After a few listens....I like it. Kinda.

Thoughts?

checkin' it out now, don't wanna start a giant speculation war but "Bang Bang Pow Pow" is the first time I've heard Lil Wayne use the term "Mama Nem" just sayin....

Meh. "Mama Nem" is the first time I ever heard Tech use the phrase. Regardless, rappers influence each other, even if it's just slang. Ask E-40. What stuck out to me was Wayne's opening line to his verse. "I go so hard they call me 'go so hard'". That's absolutely fucking retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Weis

checkin' it out now, don't wanna start a giant speculation war but "Bang Bang Pow Pow" is the first time I've heard Lil Wayne use the term "Mama Nem" just sayin....

I've seen like 3 people put that Wayne line as their Facebook status. I thought it was just some weird coincidence, but now I understand. My god that is terrible

Quote Originally Posted by King Rasta

Meh. "Mama Nem" is the first time I ever heard Tech use the phrase. Regardless, rappers influence each other, even if it's just slang. Ask E-40. What stuck out to me was Wayne's opening line to his verse. "I go so hard they call me 'go so hard'". That's absolutely fucking retarded.

the line in itself is retarted but if u listen to it with the rest of the rhyme ist actually a good set up he coulda used somethin like they call me daimonds i go so hard u think ur a king but ur nothin but a joker card feel what im sizzlein

Quote Originally Posted by Cole
    I've seen like 3 people put that Wayne line as their Facebook status. I thought it was just some weird coincidence, but now I understand. My god that is terrible

Yeah, I don't wanna pretend that Tech invented the term but the first time I heard it I think was from Kaliko in "Ghetto Love" but I agree, that line was one of the worst lines I've ever heard....

Wayne goes ham on this song new though...

I'm debating on whether to give it a listen

I noticed YoungFyre produced 3 tracks. He's been doing all his production with Young Money lately

I prefer the mixtape Prevolver over Revolver. It was thirty tracks mostly produced by Fyre, with almost no autotune as T-Pain rapped on a majority of the songs. He isn't a great emcee, but he's entertaining to listen to. I like his energy and he has a unique . I would definitely suggest the mixtape. The album is more r&b, rap-singing, club shit. It's got a handful of good tracks to take from it, but it also has a bunch of songs to play at parties and shit. It'll definitely have girls shakin' their asses, and there might be some decent baby-makin' music on it too. Overall it's a good T-Pain release, but it's a letdown to me because I was expecting it to sound more like the mixtape.