Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What was the last album Tech did before he quit his ecstasy addiction?

What was the last album Tech did before he quit his ecstasy addiction?

I know he has been clean for like 4-5 years so was Everready the last or before then.. Always been curious..

I think Everready was his last, but I'm sure he was def on it for at least some of the album, I mean the first song he did "In My Head" he references MDMA at least twice in the song, which he still references it now but I do believe he was on it for at least part of the album, if not the whole thing. just my speculation though.

Yeah see that's what I was thinking to I wonder if anyone knows for sure..

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Weis

I think Everready was his last, but I'm sure he was def on it for at least some of the album, I mean the first song he did "In My Head" he references MDMA at least twice in the song, which he still references it now but I do believe he was on it for at least part of the album, if not the whole thing. just my speculation though.

Pretty sure Absolute Power was the last album he was fully on it

well yea cuz he got in that accident(the intro to Everready) so i think in the making of Everready he quit but some of the songs he did on ex prob. like pretty sure My World was an ex song. if you've ever listened to it thizzed out, you'd know what im talking about lol. so id say Absolute Power was the last full one, but Everready has essence.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Martin
    Pretty sure Absolute Power was the last album he was fully on it

I've always been curious about this too. I feel like "Demons" on KOD was a song referencing his addiction. Because many people label drug addictions as a devil on your shoulder or a demon inside you out to kill you

ya i've always wondered.

i just assume that some songs on everready he was using and some he wasnt.

i think most of the songs he was clean. just judging by the sound of the album.

I think with everready its probably kinda half n half(ex n sober) just since it took so long to actually be released Im sure some of the songs that made the album might have been written before he sobered up but then Im pretty sure he was done with it by the time the album actually came out. Just my guess though..

It's been a while since I heard him say it but I think it was the Psychumentary he mentioned the Bout at Bubble video he was on it but after that is when he took a step back

i think one of the reasons that everready took so long was because he was in the middle of fight tha addiction ta E.. thus the differences in with shit like "In my head," "That Owl," "m.o.n.e.y." but the actual songs that made the album i think were all sober.
    forever influenced i think he has relapsed through the years, during and/or just before "killer." so im gonna have to say it was "Killer" or sickology as the last album he did under the influence of m.d.m.a. i think "KoD" was str8 up raw emotion from the gut. due 2 everreay thing.